✨Chapter 26✨

It's been three weeks since Ray got released. Mya's in therapy 5 days a week and she's doing much better than before. Ray notices her difference and he's happy for her.

Ray's been with Imani and Mya since he got released. He's still stacking though. He's happy to feel one again.

While Ray was drifting off the bell rang. "Who is it?", Ray asked.

"Camille.", he heard from behind the door. He opened the door. He was surprised by Camille's appearance, she looks bad. "Is Mya here?", she asked twisting her hair.

"Nah she at therapy."

"So was she still going out with me or.."

"Nah she said she staying in.", Ray said. He's surprised she's going out again so soon, everyone handles trauma differently though.

"Well tell her I stopped by.", she said scratching her arm looking around. "Bye." She waved then left. Ray was confused by everything she just did but he shook it.

...

Mya sat next to Ray as he watched tv. "Can we talk?", she asked.

"What's up?", he asked looking at her as he turned the tv off. Mya exhaled and played with her fingers. Ray put him hand on Mya's hands making her look up. "What's wrong?", he asked. "Did something happen on your way from therapy? Somebody sa-"

"I want you to come home. I'm not ready for marriage but I didn't wanna end what we had. I did cause I was scared. If something bad wants to happen it's gonna happen, I'd rather deal with it with you instead of without you." Ray just looked at Mya. "Say something, please."

"Are you sure?" Mya nodded. Ray hugged Mya tightly and kissed her cheeks and head.  Ray let her go and kissed her hands. "I'm home."

"Before we finalize the shit, who you last get pussy from?", Mya slit her eyes at him.

"You. I haven't had sex or gotten head since you was pregnant with Imani, I put that on my momma.", Ray said raising his right hand. "That shot ain't important, getting my family back is important. I don't care if we never fuck again as long as I got you and Imani I'm good." Mya smiled a little before straddling him and laying on him. Ray wrapped his arms around her and relaxed.

...

Mya's cooking dinner tonight, it's the first time she cooked in a while and she's excited. Ray's sipping a little and singing to Imani. She's loving the show.

After Mya put the chicken in the oven she went and looked for Ray and Imani. She found them in the living room. Imani's in her seat and Ray singing in front of her. Mya laughed and took a picture. The bell rang making Mya jump a little. Ray turned the music off and went to the door. "Who is it?", Ray asked pulling a gun out his pants. Even though she doesn't admit it he knows it makes her feel safe.

"It's Squeeze.", Squeeze said from behind the door. Mya went and sat in the front room and Ray opened the door. "You wanted me to come tonight right?", Squeeze asked confused looking at Ray gun.

"Right, I forgot I told you to come. Come in." Ray moved over and let him in. "Go in the kitchen." Squeeze nodded then did as told. Ray put his gun up before going in the living room. "Imma holla at Squeeze for a minute in the kitchen."

"Okay.", Mya said.

"You good?", Ray asked. Mya nodded smiling. He kissed her head before going to the kitchen. Ray thanked Squeeze for holding it down and gave him some stacks. They talked for a minute then squeeze left.

...

Mya was getting ready for her shower as Ray put Imani to sleep.

After Mya gathered her things she went to the bathroom. She looked at the shower and watched the water run.

She hasn't showered by herself in a long time. Since the first time Ray showered with her he been showering with her. Bathing her and watching her hair.

She undressed and slowly go in the shower. Her head started spinning after she put a leg in so she got out and wrapped the towel around herself. She sat on the toilet and calmed her breathing.

While she was counting in her head Ray walked in holding Imani. "You waiting for me?", Ray asked poking his head in the bathroom. Mya nodded. "I'll be in here in a minute.", Ray nodded before leaving.

Sometimes Mya feels amazing that she's further than she was three weeks ago, other times she sits and thinks about how she can't do what she did without thinking a month ago like showering or going anywhere other than therapy alone.

Her chest got heavy and her eyes got watery as she thought.

With Ray

Ray laid Imani down and turned the monitor on before heading back to the room.

While Ray was gathering stuff to get in the shower he thought he heard Mya lowly sob. He poked his head in the bathroom and saw Mya crying with her hand over her mouth.

Over the past three weeks Ray has done research and talked to Mya's therapist to learn to better help Mya.

Ray went in the bathroom and closed the door. "Talk to me.", Ray said sitting in front of Mya. Ray rubbed Mya's leg as she calmed down.

"I'm fine.", Mya said sniffing.

"You not fine cause you're crying. If it helps you can write it down and I'll go read it and write something back. I heard that might help." Mya knew Ray been talking to her therapist and stuff but she didn't know he actually listened. He was very insensitive when they first met, now he's going out of his way to help.

"Okay."

"You wanna take a shower?", Ray asked. Mya nodded. "Help me up, I'm getting old." Mya chuckled and pulled Ray up.

"Been old.", Mya mumbled.

"Oh you got jokes." Mya chuckled as Ray undressed. He stripped to his boxers then got in the shower.

"Take 'em off." Ray looked at his boxers then at Mya. He took them off then waited on Mya to join. Mya dropped her towel then got in the shower.

Mya wrapped her arms around Ray and watched him wash her hair. The way he takes care of Mya makes her fall in love with him all over again but a different type of love. A stronger love. Ray looked down at Mya and grinned showing his grill. Mya smiled back. Ray kissed Mya's head before finishing.