✨Chapter 21✨

It's been a month since Mya and Ray broke it off. They only talk about Imani even though it's killing both of them. Ray has a house where only Mya knows where he stays just so she knows Imani is good with him.

Mya packed her purse and Imani's diaper bag. Ray's about to pick up Imani and Mya is running a few errands.

The bell ring and Mya knew who it was already. She called Ray and told him it was open. "You ready to go with your daddy mama?", Mya asked Imani as she put her in her car seat.

"You need to stop leaving the door unlocked.", Ray said walking into the room.

"You need to stop telling me what to do." Ray studied Mya and shook his head as he licked his lips. He looked away before she noticed.

"You running errands looking like that?"

"Ooh you in my business don't do that.", Mya said handing Ray the diaper bag as she grabbed her purse. "Go, I'm late.", Mya said shooing him. Ray mocked her as he grabbed Imani. "She last ate an hour ago and I just changed her diaper.", Mya told Ray as he left.

Mya locked up then left.

...

Mya and Camille talked as they waited on their food. "I'm ready to get this school shit over with.", Mya said rolling her eyes. "It's all gone pay off though."

"I'm so proud of you bitch, honestly I didn't think you would go back after grandma. I'm so proud of you.", Camille told Mya. Mya smiled.

"Thank you bitch it means a lot."

"So you tryna day drink?" Mya looked at Camille side ways. Camille smiled.

"I don't know. I got some stuff to do.", Mya said. Camille started talking about how Mya hasn't drank with her in a while and so on and eventually Mya gave in.

...

"I know things real different but if everything go as planned we gone be a family again, everything gone work out. You hear me?", Ray asked Imani looking down in his arms at her. Imani just slept. "I know you feel me. Yo' momma gone beat my ass for holding you while you sleep." Ray laid Imani's cover down then laid her on it. He started counting the money he had in his living room in silence.

Ray has a plan that he believes Mya can't say no to, he just need to stack a little bit more.

While he was counting he got a call. He looked and it was Squeeze. He answered it.

Ray:Speak.
Squeeze:Hey Boss you free today?
Ray:Nah I got my daughter. What up?
Squeeze:I got that business started, all cause of you.

Ray could hear him smiling.

Ray:I just supplied that shit was all you man. Imma get at you tomorrow though for sure, I need to talk to you.
Squeeze:Fasho boss just let me know.
Ray:Yup.

They hung up.

...

Mya and Camille were drunk at the bar and they're still going. They ordered drinks as Megan Thee Stallion Cry Baby came on. Mya started twerking on Camille. Camille and a guy that was trying to talk to Mya hyped her up.

After the song they saw their drinks sitting there. They heard the bartender but they was too busy with Mya's ass, literally. They took the drinks and made a toast. "To us being better than ever.", Camille said before they hit their shot glasses together. They took their shots then went back to turning up.

They guy who was trying to talk to Mya before tried talking to her again but she wasn't going. Mya still loves Ray and isn't over him but she knows what's best for her and Imani so she can't be with him, she's not looking for anyone else at the moment though.

While Mya and Camille talked both of them started feeling really drunk and loopy. "I feel weird Mya.", Camille said wobbly.

"Me too.", Mya said holding onto the bar.

"You girls okay?" They both blacked out.

...

While Ray was feeding Imani  his work phone rang, it's the police chief Mike. Ray was confused since he finished his business with his for the month a few days ago. He answered the phone.

Ray:Speak.
Mike: Hey Ray I got a question.

Ray was silent and confused.

Mike:Mya Mathews, that's your lady right?
Ray:Why you asking man?
Mike:Her and a lady she was with was kidnapped at a bar an hour ago. We believe it's connected to some local trafficing that's been going on lately.
Ray:What?!
Mike:Look meet me at your restaurant, I'll tell you everything.
Ray:I'll be there in 10.

...

Ray sat Imani's car seat on the table before sitting across from Mike.

Mike showed Ray a few camera tapes and told him what happened. "We know they typically sell all the girls they get to local pimps sometimes if they get a girl that might get a lot of money they send her out of state or even the country, either way they'll do the sell Saturday. We don't know how they do them, we don't know where, but we know every Saturday girls get sold. You helped me with my wife a few years back and I told you I owed you." Mike slid Ray an envelope. "This is everything we know about the trafficers. Do what you gotta do. I really wish you the best." Ray just stared at Imani as she slept as his blood boiled. He's going to war. He has to.