✨Chapter 34✨

A few months later

Mya rocked RJ in the rocking chair in the nursery as she burped him and Ray got Imani ready for bed.

The day Ray proposed they moved in, life has literally been great since then. They're set to get married next year. Ray works at a factory and Mya is finishing school.

After RJ fell asleep Mya laid him in his nursery and turned on the sound machine. She left cracking the door behind her. She went to check on Ray and Imani and saw Imani knocked out in her bed.

She went to their room and heard water running in their bathroom. "Come here Mya.", Ray called from the bathroom. Mya went and saw him lighting candles as a tub was filled.

Bubbles rose in the tub with rose petals in them. Two wine glasses and a bottle of wine was in a small cooler. Soft r&b played. "What is this for?", Mya asked confused.

"You just been doing so good. Taking care of the kids while I work and the house while I work, and still finishing school. I just wanna show you my appreciation.", Ray said pulling Mya to him. Mya smiled and they kissed.

Ray helped Mya undress the helped her in the tub. Mya closed her eyes feeling instantly relaxed when she was sitting in the tub. Ray popped the wine and poured two glasses as he sat in the end of the tub. He gave Mya one and they hit glasses.

"Before you get too relaxed I do need to talk to you.", Ray said. Mya slit her eyes at him.

"What the fuck you do?", Mya spat at him.

"I'm innocent baby relax. I was just gone ask if you was cool with Quan crashing here until her got on his feet. He said it wasn't nothing but trouble there and he wanted a fresh start, which I understand. I told him I had to talk to you first of course. If not I can put him in a hotel for a lil minute."

"I don't care Ray. He better not be sitting in his ass all day every day or I'm putting him out and I don't care where he go." Ray just looked at Mya before singing along to the song.

"It's the pretty brown brown driving me wild.", Ray sung rubbing Mya's face. Mya couldn't help but to smile.

"I'm serious.", Mya said,

"I know baby, I'll talk to him." They talked about everything as Mya relaxed in the tub. Kids, work, school, marriage.

While in conversation RJ started crying. Ray kissed Mya's head before going to take care of him. Mya closed her eyes and relaxed.

She had an uneasy feeling about Quan moving in but if Ray trusts it she does too.