Twenty-One

Aries was confused when the small second year Hufflepuff boy got her out of Defense Against The Dark Arts class and told her that Dumbledore wanted to see her.

She tried multiple attempts to reach Dumbledores mind only to have him shut her out or force her in to a memory wall.

Aries thought of varieties of reasons why Dumbledore would request her presence when she walked up the stairs past the gargoyle.

She even felt herself become a bit worried he found out she had been the one to prank the Gryffindor boys dormitories when she made it to his door.

Though Aries confusion only increased when she saw Regulus standing their as well with the same confused expression.

With a nod from Aries, Regulus knocked on the door. A moment they stood, before a 'come in' was heard through the thick wooden door.

Regulus pushed the door open and went to step inside Dumbledores office with Aries when all expression dropped from their faces, leaving them both slightly pale.

Aries could feel Dumbledore trying to reach into her mind but she had already completely sealed and locked it.

"There is some special news, you're parents would like to share with you." Dumbledore nodded his head to the two chairs beside the parents.

Aries and Regulus walked stiffly to the chairs and sat with their backs straight, head held high, Aries hands crossed on her legs and Regulus with his on the armrests.

Her mother had gotten sick of Aries and her slouch seating so she threatened Aries with a corset. She never slouched again when her mother used it only once as a warning.

Regulus didn't need a warning to know he should never disobey his parents, he already had seen what his older siblings had gone through so he knew enough not to follow in their footsteps.

"You're cousin Narcissa will be married to you're friend Lucius Malfoy tomorrow. They are both now of age." Orion told his kids making them both draw a breath.

Regulus never really liked Lucius too much, but he didn't really have a lot of friends to begin with, none that were his actual friends anyway.

Aries told a different story, she liked Narcissa, she really did. But she acted more like Bellatrix than any would care to admit, they both craved power and act without thinking. Though Narcissa had a more motherly aspect, she was still someone Aries would never fully trust.

"You will both be given two days off for the wedding and all school work will be postponed." Dumbledore added.

"Thank you, Professor." Regulus said earning a nod from Dumbledore, the same glint in his eyes when he was trying to figure out something but also was in a good mood.

"Is Narcissa still here? Or..." Aries asked, she could feel her mother's eyes on her.

"No, she left a couple days ago. They will not be finishing their school year, unfortunately." Dumbledore said as he folded his hands together.

"Should we start packing now? Are we leaving later today?" Aries asked turning her head to her parents.

Her fathers cold eyes felt like they could see right into Aries soul, for a moment she let her mind become unblocked and for a split second Dumbledore wheeled into her head.

She closed him out immediately, but one piece of valuable information was now given to Dumbledore. One small hint of information that lead the old Professor to feel slightly worried.

He saw strength but emptiness in both the children's eyes.

"Yes, you will be leaving later this afternoon and yes, you may go and pack."
——————