To Care pt. 2

The next day, Chloe came into class earlier than usual with Sabrina in tow. Her friend didn't notice the bags under her eyes. They both sat down in their seats and Chloe leaned her head against her palms, exhausted and wanting to sleep. Sabrina watched her with question and concern. "Chloe? You okay?" Said rich girl rubbed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. "You can not believe the nightmare I had last night. I couldn't get my damn beauty sleep because of it" "What was it about?" "Me confessing to a starved man instead of a cute rich guy from Dubai. At first it was a rich guy from there but than poof! It was some poor guy! and the worst part is: I kissed him! It's disgusting!" 

She complained as she tried her hardest not to yawn, but she was the first to appear and she just wanted to take a nap. A very long nap. Sabrina meanwhile smiled as she spoke about it and it caught Chloe off guard. She turned to her, annoyed at her smile. "Why are you smiling? I'm talking about my horrible nightmare and you're smiling" Sabrina hummed regardless of the glare her friend was giving her. "Nothing~ it could have just happened in real life" Chloe's eyes widened. 

"Was is that nightmare akuma? Did it suddenly appear and haunt my dreams? But I don't remember it happening. Oh well" The blonde decided to rest her head on the desk, her eyes facing the door and watching students walking by as well as into the classroom. She counted them like sheep: one, two, three, four, five, six... she then stopped as she spotted red hair and purple jeans walking into the classroom. He was talking to Marinette and they both look exhausted. She wouldn't have cared less before when he walked into class plenty of times, but now she couldn't completely relax when his gaze met hers for a few moments. 

Nathaniel took notice of Chloe face down on the desk, looking straight at him with wide eyes. He couldn't sleep either and he was pretty sluggish getting to class, but when he met her gaze, he instantly bolted up the steps and sat in his spot next to Lila. When class had started, he couldn't focus, he was still sleepy and just decided to sketch in class. Opening his sketchbook, it was just random drawings of objects and people, but most were about Ladybug and body poses. 

He glimpsed over to the front to hear the teacher call on Chloe to sit up straight. She refused at first but then straightened herself up the second time to listen to their lecture. He continued to unknowingly stare at the back of her head until Lila caught notice of it. "What are you staring at?" Nathaniel shook his head "Nothing" and went back to drawing poses and hands. She tilted her head, amused by the boy's exposed staring to shaking his own head and mumbling to himself. "Was it some girl in the front row? You like her or something?" "It's none of your business" Lila wanted to press on for more information, but he grumbled under his breathe. 

"-as if she would care about me-" "Hmm? Care? Who are you talking about?" She then looked over at his sketchbook and saw Ladybugs doodles everywhere. Her curiosity turned to disgust. "Oh...her...well I bet Ladybug really doesn't care either way. She's a superhero with to many duties to care about one single person, going everywhere and saving everyone and what not. I'll bet she doesn't really care about you either" the girl's words seemed to take an effect on him. 

He was glaring at her, which surprised the Italian, and gritted his teeth. "I mean, you're just another civilian to her, no matter how much you love her, she won't ever really see you in that way. Unrequited love hurts doesn't it?" She sighed as if to say she was in the same boat as him. She was staring down at Adrien's own blonde hair as the teacher kept talking. 

Nathaniel turned back to his sketchbook and exhaled sharply as he turned to a blank page and started to draw again. "It does..." "So why draw her so much then?" "I look up to her I guess" he shrugged and started drawing a circle and some outlines. "If it wasn't the superhero, who else would you have drawn?" "I used to draw Marinette all the time until she tricked me" "Oh? How did she trick you?" "Why are you so curious to know about me?" Lila just smiled and hummed "Well why not? I'm your seatmate for the time being" Nathaniel didn't want to get involved with her and nodded, continuing to his sketch.