Betrayel

*this is part of an Angel!Nathaniel AU book I'm working on. Chloe steps into the city hall to see a scene she hates. Feeling betrayed, she runs out of the building to a garden and realizes that everyone hates her*

--------------------------

Chloe stared, eyes wide as she saw, feet in front of her on the dance floor, just barely seeable from everyone huddled around the ball, was the sight of Nathaniel, her gift, her guardian, her angel in the middle of a kiss with that lying two headed, long haired fox.

Lila. Nathaniel and Lila.

From here it looked like he was kissing her. Like he had the utter choice to go ahead and kiss her! Someone who Chloe despises and hates for personal reasons other then Marinette, someone who could as well be equal to her, in a sudden embrace with the angel that she potentially liked- no loved- completely forgetting her existence.

The citizens cleared slowly as they were dancing and talking to each other. Giving full coverage of the dreaded and heartbreaking scene in front of her very blue eyes. She wasn't seeing things, she was seeing the truth.

She hated it.

She never knew, that behind her, some feet away, was Kim himself with his bow and arrow out. He shot his black rose tip arrow right into the back of her very heart. She never felt it for it vanished within her.

And suddenly, as the kiss went on for a little longer, realizing she had been truly alone and betrayed, she bursted into tears. Heavy tears cascading her face, not wanting to cause a scene, she tried to swallow the hard lump in her throat. Her eyes and nose becoming red as she bit her lip to hide her desperation of bawling out. Desperate words saying: How dare you?! How dare you do this to me?! How dare you suddenly promise me, and you backstab me right the heart! You're no angel, you're just a cheating backstabbing demon who destroys...everything you deem as punishment!

But she could never say those words, and yet cry and silently bawl as the two were oblivious in their sickening sweet trance of whatever it was. She turned her head. She understood. She understood completely of what was going on in here:

Betrayal.

Utter and disgusting Betrayal, that she started, that was a clue that she needed to change her damn attitude.

Chloe furiously rushed out of the ball room and out of the back door of the building, where the pretty little garden was. Full of angels statues and fountains and benches and arches of plants all over. It was sickening to her. She didn't...she didn't want to be a part of this angel contract do-hickey anymore.

Chloe kept running through the garden, blinded by her own tears as she tripped on her heals and fell to the muddy ground. Looking at her dirty nails and hands, tears falling down and landing on her fingers.

Her heals were caught in a crack of concrete and weeds. Her yellow glimmering dress was now lightly dirty with mud and grass stains of the garden. She felt like her own brilliant world was crashing down into a little dirty sprout. First it was her friend, then her classmates, her words, her butler, then her father, and now the guy she loves.

Her tears blinded her sight again, she finally yelled out in a crying manner, feeling drops of rain pitter patter onto her head and down the pavement of the garden.
Curling her fingers to grab the grass below her and pluck it out of frustration and fear.

Fear that this was all her fault, fear to face the truth that she was truly alone. A stubborn stereotypical fool  that held to much of her pride, protecting a soft spot that would easily crumble if not to careful. She never let anyone's words hurt her, letting herself know that they love her.