Birthday date

*Adult AU! Nathaniel isn't aware that Marinette's birthday's party was here, and notices Chloe is on the same train. They both talk about his drawings, and she gets an idea for his next birthday gift [birth dates are a speculation in my case, done some research on them. May change for any cannon birthdates]*
-------------------------

Nathaniel was sitting on a two seated round wooden table in a cafe shop and taking a sip of his chocolate milk as he drew in his black notebook.
Humming lightly as a random song played in the cafe half full of people.

He placed his pencil down in front of the sketch after placing the date of today: August 2 2021. Nathaniel stretched his legs as he placed his arm around the seat and took another sip of his drink. He had finished a small drawing of queen bee and ladybug and some strange outfit choices for potential heroes.

Placing the coffee cup down empty, Nathaniel looked over his sketch to see that a small mistake in one of ladybug's eyes. Making a tsk sound, he sat back up straight and took his pencil to quickly erase the circle and redrew them a bit cleaner than it was before.

Putting the pencil back down onto the book, Nathaniel stood up to throw away his empty cup and headed to the trash can. As he started to walk back to his seat, he heard the door ring open signifying another customer. Blonde hair and a smell of perfume had entered the cafe, talking on her phone while walking eagerly to the counter.

"What do you mean her party was today?! I wouldn't even care less about the girl more then anyone else! Why would I want to?!" Chloe held the phone to her shoulder and ordered a cup of coffee and a chocolate muffin to go. After that, she went back to her phone and glanced around for a seat while talking to Sabrina.

"Yeah yeah I know, I don't care-" Chloe bought sight of a red haired man sitting at a two seated table, he was staring at her. Chloe went back to her phone as the boy snapped his head back to his closed sketchbook.

"Call you later Sabrina" she hung up, took her ordered food and started walking to his table. As she approached, Nathaniel didn't look away from his book.

"Anyone sitting here?" Nathaniel glanced up at the blonde to see her coffee and treat in both hands. He looked down and back up "uh...no..." before he could say anything else, the blonde took her seat across from him.

"Good. Because I needed a spot" Chloe unwrapped her muffin as Nathaniel looked around the cafe to see that most of the tables were empty. He raised an eyebrow and turned back to the blonde eating her muffin.
"Uh...there are more empty seats over there-" "Well if you don't like me sitting here than you could've just said so" blue eyes looked up at turquoise with furrowed eyebrows.

Nathaniel arched an eyebrow in confusion as he suddenly saw the blonde pick up her coffee and stood from her chair. She was actually going to leave.

Before she could, Nathaniel raised his hand to her "W-wait! You-uh-it's fine. You can sit here, I was just wondering why you would sit with me instead of by yourself, since I prefer to sit by myself. No one really pays attention to me...or sits with me anyway..." he whispered the last part as he rubbed the back of his neck and looked away. Why was he telling her this?

Chloe only pursed her lips and closed her eyes "What's wrong with sitting next to a loner like you? Honestly you should be getting away from me, I'm the horrible one" Chloe sat back down on the chair, placing her items on the table again. She rested her chin against her palm and looked out the window.

Nathaniel turned his eyes back to her and saw that her eyes had met his. Something felt...different. "No! Well...you were...but, that was in the past! You're different now..." he brushed his red locks out with his hand, sweeping them back, revealing his slightly nervous bright eyes.