"Friends Forever"

(Requested by Mira_Q_Lous Nathaniel become surprisingly close friends throughout the remainder of highschool. Now in univeristy, Chloe wants them to stay best friends but Nathaniel secretly wanted more. Jealous!Nathaniel*

=================

"Are we friends?"

"Huh?" Nathaniel looked up from sketching the Starbucks logo to see Chloe's chin resting on her palm. A coffee cup beside her on the table as she stared out at the window in the cafe, bored.

"Are we friends?"

"What type of question is that? Of course we're friends. We've been friends for years"

"Hmm..." Nathaniel glanced up from his sketchbook, sensing some kind of doubt in her. "We watch the most stupid movies together. We go to comicbook stores even though you hate it. You drag me to malls and make me try on stupid outfits. We play video games with Max and banter about who wins. I'd say we're friends"

"Are we best friends?"

Nathaniel lifted his head and raised an eyebrow. He saw Chloe flick her blonde locks, which ended to the base of her neck and kept down instead of up. The 22 year old artist sighed, leaning forward with elbows planted on the table as he inched closer to her face with a nonchalant look.

"You gave me your hairband cause I lost mine. You told me about your family issues and cried about it. You and I were at prom and danced to the weirdest music without giving a fuck. I feel like we understand and get eachother. You laugh at my jokes and I don't mind you calling me a loser. Sure we piss eachother off sometimes but we don't hate eachother afterwords. I sacrifice alot of my drawing time to be with you. You like hanging out with me. We learn from eachother. You don't think we're best friends at this point?"

Chloe stared into his touquoise eyes, eyes she would always get lost in, and blinked to lean back and take a sip of her coffee. Nathaniel also leaned back in his own chair and continued drawing the walls of Starbucks.

"Right. Do you want to go anywhere after this? There's this flyer about a Jagged Stone concert at campus at 14:30. We can go look"

Nathaniel looked at his watch "Damn I got a class at that time" "Is it pottery?" "No. Its science" "Seriously? Science? Yuck" "You say yuck to science but not pottery where you stick your hands in mud?" Chloe shrugged "Well I admire poeple who know how to make those pretty vases from mud. I don't mind you teaching me how to make one"

Nathaniel chuckled as he sketched her coffee cup. "You better prepare on getting your pretty little fingers dirty, its a mess"

"I'm prepared for that" "Mmhmm. Okay" "I'm serious! I'm curious how you make those things. Like, I want to make a coffee mug or-or one of those detailed plates with poeple. Oh! What if I make a bowl for fruit and you draw it? Or I can sell the bowl for money..."

Nathaniel watched his best friend chatter on about making pottery and makeup artists as a career choice. He mimiced her pose of resting on his palm as he just listened to her non stop chatter of make up and tik tok. He was slowly loosing focus on what she was talking about for 15 minutes and just watched her talk and stare at her phone while sipping her coffee simultaneously.

Nathaniel blinked, his hand stopped drawing and losened his grip on his pencil, his eyes focused on her when she wasn't looking. Huh. Was it him or did she get...prettier? No. Less annoying and abit more muscular.

"Did you get stronger?" Nathaniel asked, his attention focused on her bare shoulders and arms. "Huh?" Chloe blinked, her attention back on her best friend. He pointed to her slightly bulky arms. "Oh yeah. Dance classes you know? Got to get that workout in. I've been training my bones and muscles for hard core dance lessons" Chloe flaunted her muscles and flexed them with a proud little hmph at her progress.