Pins and Cushions

*After taking Sewing classes at University, Nathaniel is stressed out and Chloe suggests Acupuncture*
------------

"Ow!" Nathaniel flicked his hand back from pricking himself in the finger with a needle. He placed his index finger in his mouth and sucked the blood. Staring at the red cloth before him on the table next to the sewing machine, he wondered how sewing looked so easy from the teachers perspective when she placed pins throughout the dotted lined pillow.

Nathaniel kept inspecting the other students on how they kept sewing through different colored cloths and spread out their fingers to locate the pin's pressure. Most of the students seem fine when they continued weaving the strings around the object. One of them had even finished his fancy pattern of a pillow case and started another crafting project. Nathaniel sighed as he held his own creation of a half-ish looking pillow case. His vision for the pillow was a stripped pattern of maybe blackish purple and cream white, but it turned out to be uneven and looked rounded instead of straight.

Maybe taking a class of how to sew wasn't a good idea. He had been inwardly frustrated at his progress and, being the perfectionist he was, wanted to rip the whole thing to shreds for not getting it right. Well, he was good at painting and drawing cartoons and comics, but he wanted to try some sewing classes. Now he's getting real stressed and stiff about it.

He stared at his creation again and at the leftover pins and cloth and machine to his right. He mentally cursed to see the time on his watch. Class was almost over and his suppose to be pillow was supposed to be finished by the end of class. He sighed heavily with gritted teeth. Calming his inner hatred and wanting to throw the project out of the window.
Nathaniel pressed his fingers to the bridge of his nose. Rubbing the skin between his eyes with furrowed eyebrows, he was very stressed and he wanted to sleep and not deal with the hectic screaming outside of the university walls.

-----------------

"You know, you should take acupuncture..." the blonde unwrapped her yellow lemon cream cupcake. The red head sighed deeply with his head laying on his crossed arms on the round coffee table. He looked up to see the blonde take a bite from her treat with her legs crossed and sunglasses over her head. "...what?" He asked with strain in his voice. "Acupuncture...you know, those doctors where they put needles in you to relax stress and stiffness? You should go" she didn't take her eyes off of the cupcake.

Nathaniel didn't change his posture and stared at the blonde "that sounds painful" she took another bite, her blue eyes on him "oh I know, it is" Nathaniel straightened his neck to look at her with a raised eyebrow "you took acupuncture?" The blonde only half laughed "haha, no silly, I had someone at the hotel that went to acupuncture, she said it was kinda painful at first, but after removing them she never felt better. Perfect right?"

Nathaniel glanced back at his black coat sleeves "I don't know chlo..." "well with your schedule of 3 hourly classes and taking a job with two shifts...and now a sewing class for that matter, it's perfect for a guy like you" Chloe continued taking more bites of her cupcake. "And I thought I was busy with fashion and writing" she said through chewing "you shouldn't really juggle all of those classes in one semester..."
Nathaniel glanced back towards the blonde "what's wrong with taking risks and testing yourself?" she shrugged "I don't know..." more bites and she was already done, looking back at the cashier and display of treats.

"Heh, your such a treat hog, taking more desserts than you can handle. I swear you're in love with those cupcakes" Nathan shook his head. Chloe placed a finger up and shooshed him before getting up to walk back to the cashier.

Nathaniel looked back at his slightly fuzzy coat sleeves. Feeling another migraine coming back, he grunted and placed his fingers back on his temples to message them. "God I hate this...I need to sleep. I need coffee...damn it.." he grumbled as he placed his arms over his hat and looked down at his notebook.