Into the Woodlands Pt 5

*9k+ words full of fluffy chicks. Surprise*

=====================================

"Oh my lord, Chloe you're alive! I-I thought- I thought you were eaten by giant ugly snakes! Oh my little bee, don't fly so far away from the hive" Andre squished her, giving her a bear hug as he cried streams of tears. "It-it's been four months! I'm so glad your not a ghost!" "D-daddy, I'm fine, I just couldn't find my way back" "For four months?!" "It seriously felt like a week in there. Can I-can I just go to bed, please?" Chloe shoved her father away and walked up the stairs of the palace.

When she got to her room, she saw it hasn't really changed and the window curtains were closed shut. She went over to her bedroom and started to take a bath. After an hour she came out of the bathroom with damp hair, wrapping the towel over her hair and placed the comb over her wet messy bun. She was about to go sleep when she noticed a note, a wedding ring, and her old childhood bear on top of her sheets. Where...did this come from? She didn't really care about the wedding ring and focused on the note beside the old toy. She sat herself down and opened the note:

Mademoiselle, Rogercop has told me that the red haired boy who was with you carried this with him, he told me to give this to you before he leaves. ~ Your butler Jean.

Leaves? Where is he going? The last time she saw him, he was taken away by Rogercop. Is he going to the dungeon? Are-are they going to exterminate him tomorrow after knowing who he is? No, she can't let this happen. As Queen she couldn't. Chloe placed the note down on her bed and embraced her old torn teddy bear, sniffing the sent of lingering hay and grass. "That's where you were Mr. Cuddly, you were with Nathaniel all these years. I hope he took good care of you" She sighed as she laid back in her bed, still holding onto the bear, when she took a look at the old wedding ring. She wondered what happened right after being taken away by him, did daddy forfeit the marriage? How was mother doing? Did she even love that German prince? It sounded like the marriage was just for a business and not for actual romance. Figures. She slipped the wedding ring into her thumb instead of her ring finger, remembering the two-piece ring on Nate's thumb. 

"So that's what keeps you intact all this time... a piece of jewelry" She sighed again and dosed off to sleep. 

========================================

The sky became brighter as morning came around, and Nathaniel was stuck behind bars, his ring given back by Rogercop since arguing with a rooster was no good. The red haired man sat on the cold concrete and leaning against the wall. His hair now straight instead of swept, long bangs covering his eyes so much that he just wanted to cut them off. It reminded him of that accident 12 years ago where he was cut in the eye by a wild vine's backlash. Now he was left with a scar the same as Chloe's. He covered his scar with his hand and sighed. What was he going to do now? He banged his head back against the wall, frustrated. He really hoped Kagami could save him from being such a fool. 

His eyes were closed and he took a light nap as he crowed silently at the coming morning sun. He then heard footsteps coming his way and two shadows appeared before him, talking. It sounded like Rogercop and Darkblade. "So this is him? The missing boy from the accident?" "Yes. Nathaniel Kurtzberg. He was the one that kidnapped the princess and took her into the woodlands. Unknown as too why. His weapon is a farmer's sickle. He looks week and cowardly now, but that ring he wears turns him into a beast" "And without that ring?" "He turns into a harmless rooster" Darkblade laughed. "Just a rooster? Then why didn't you take the ring off?" "I did, but he wouldn't stop crowing" Darkblade nodded "Understandable"

Darkblade then threw the missing poster through the bars of the cell, landing swiftly before him. "Do you want some chicken scratch before your walk to the guillotine?" He threatened the man by placing his sword through the bars with the tip almost reaching Nathaniel's neck. "I-I don't need food...Armand. I-I just wanted to see the princess again-" "By illegally kidnapping a bride at the brisk of her wedding!?" "She didn't agree to the marriage" "How would you, a lost farm boy, knows what is best for Mademoiselle?" Nathaniel only stared at the tip of that magical black sword before him.