Lighter Pt 4

*Guess who has finally come back from a trip called Writers Block! This chapter gave me a free ticket so I couldn't stay here for a long while....*

—————————

It wasn't long until Ladybug, Chat Noir Carapace and Rena Rouge came to the scene of a giant fire hazard around the city of Paris. It was usually in dangerous missions that the rest of the heroes would come and join....and this was one of them.

A whole city almost in flames and burning down was more of a cat-astrophe than anything. Ladybug stared in horror and panic of how hawkmoth had all this power to create such a deadly scene for one akuma.

"How in the...this is horrendous..." Ladybug awed.

"Who do you think is doing this?" Rena asked as she leaped to a higher building and away from some of this magical fire.
"I don't know...but we need to make sure most of this hazard isn't going to expand beyond this point. We need to figure out how to evacuate everyone from this area" Ladybug suggested as she scanned for any sign of civilians.

Carapace had noticed that the park hadn't been on fire but most of the buildings around it did. He had an idea as he saw Ladybug look around for the owner of these fires. He went over to the unharmed fountain and noticed that just a small bit of fire can sizzle out when touched with water.

As Ladybug and Carapace were thinking and making strategies, Chat noticed that Queen bee hasn't shown up to the hazard yet...and he's either getting worried about her or curious of where she might of gone to.

So Chat started to leap off in the safer and less affected area of the city.

"Hey where are you going?!" He heard Rena ask as she stayed in her spot. "Uh....curiosity called! I need to answer! I-I'll be back!"

Rena watched the punny cat jump away from the hazard and she held a questioned look before being called by Carapace for help.

——————————

Chat had been trying to dial Queen bee for the last 5 minutes and he truthfully was getting impatient. He tried maybe the fourth time and heard her caller ID again.

She wasn't picking up. Why wasn't she picking up? Was she too busy doing something else? Oh if she was slacking....shouldn't she realize this is a huge emergency?!
So he called again as he walked through the sidewalk. "Bee...where are you?" He sighed as he stared at her icon photo.

"What are you even doing right now?" He whispered and continued walking before he saw something yellow shining around an alleyway. Chat went to inspect it and heard light sobbing from someone. As he went closer to see who it was, he was surprised to see...Chloe...sitting there, huddled against the wall, her head on her knees and holding something as a gray lighter was on the ground near her feet.

"Chloe?....."

The sound of his voice let the woman hush herself and stiffen. Why would she care if anyone saw her cry?

"Chloe....what are you....are you alright?" The voice was so calm and giving with worry....She felt the stranger walk in and slump down beside her, regardless of the mayham happening. Chat needed to know what was wrong with his dear friend.

"....Chloe?" Chat patted her back and started to rub it gently. Chloe then gave in....realizing who it was by the sight of his tail belt as he leaned against the same brick wall and kept rubbing her back.
"I....." She began and tried to control her light crying. "It's not my fault....is it?"

"Why would you say that? What did you do?"

"I...I can't believe I said those things to him.....even...even on camera. Even when I'm not suppose to care about that...."