Purple Skinned

*I had this winter scene in my head and turned out to be longer than planned (im committed okay), with Bee saving him from freezing and turning purple from lack of blood and depression*
----------------------

Cold and numb. He was cold, he was going to freeze out there in the winter. He only wore his signature clothing of a red-orange t-shirt, purple pants with a black belt around his waist and his gray dress coat. He didn't even bother bringing a scarf. He was going to die and freeze in this cold December weather.

Mrs. Kurtzberg was worried, she didn't want to go after her son, but she knew he was lost. After hearing that his grandfather died in a miraculous train crash, he couldn't bear the sight he saw. Nathaniel was waiting for his grandfather, a comic book artist, at the train station for Christmas. He did hide his emotions from his fellow classmates, continued drawing his comics of Ladybug, and followed his daily schedule without being noticed.

No one really noticed him to begin with, he was always in the back of every class. Until one day, there were seating arrangements and he had to sit in the front. He wasn't used to sitting in front, what was he going to do? Actually pay attention in class? He was already having a bad time. That every birthday he had is reminded of his dark day that he wanted to forget. He was denied access out of one of the greatest art schools he wanted to go to. His crush was very one-sided. He couldn't get money out of doing art pieces or find a good job that balances out both more money and loving the job.

Now he was one of the witnesses to see a train crash. The train he knew that his grandfather was in.

He saw policemen and firefighters enter the wreck of the train. He was praying that his grandfather was alright, that everyone in the train was alright.

No. His grandfather was the one that didn't come out of the train alright. Some of the policemen helped the wounded out of the train. While others walked out on their own. He saw a policeman talk to the reporter saying that the crash seemed major, but the people were fine. Except there were about 3 deaths: a young man, a girl, and an elderly.

Nathaniel rushed to the train doors, but two firefighters blocked his way.

"Where is he?! Is he in there?!"

"Sir you need to get away from the doors"

"But my grandpa! Is he in there?!" Nathaniel asked the man. The firefighter didn't say anything.

"All right, this is the last one"

Nathaniel looked over to his right to see police walk out of another train door with a man on a bed. He quickly ran over to the bed to see an elderly man with blood on his left side of his face. His arms resting on top of his chest. There was a slip of paper between his hands and chest. Nathaniel quickly took the piece of paper from the elder man, the policemen not noticing his action, and leaned against the station wall.

He looked at the note. It had his name on it in shock and he opened it to see his grandfather's message. He closed the note and placed it in his bag. Nathaniel looked at his grandfather on the bed being carried away into the ambulance. He saw the other two dead people bring strolled off into another ambulance. Nathaniel walked out of the train station without saying a word, he only needed to see his grandfathers's wrinkled smiling face, not his bloodied one. What was he going to tell his mother? what has he going to do? He was good with controlling his emotions, he knows his limits.

Nathaniel didn't want to go back home, he didn't want to tell the news, that his grandfather is...his grandfather died....After years of not seeing him again.

So what did he do? He said nothing went and to school with his suppressed emotions of hatred and depression. He had to move on, he needed to move on.