Into the Woodlands Pt 3

*Chloe has dreams of her childhood and wakes up in a familiar house. Nathaniel and Kagami fight. She remembers something about a bodyguard*

===========================

"Look what daddy gave me!" Chloe held out and showed her new bear off to Adrien, who sat across a floor table that stood on a rug. They were outside of the castle and somewhere in the kingdom's city where the road was decorated in glimmering cobblestone. Jean, her personal butler, stood by her side, standing with his arms behind his back. Chloe had permission to roam around the kingdom as long as Jean was always with her and reminded her to stay close to him and never wonder off.

Her father was always terribly busy as the King of Paris, never having time with his lovely daughter. Andre had always given Chloe some type of present for his apologies, Jean always thought that if he keeps this up, she'll be a spoiled princess indeed. Though being by her side, he saw the loneliness in Chloe's blue eyes for a time as Andre left her in her room to do some kingly things as she calls them. Though she had free will to roam around the huge castle and go outside of the kingdom, it felt like it was only a distraction for her...even though she loved roaming around.

"Ooo~...what's it's name?" Adrien asked in awe. Chloe took her bear back and stared at it's diamond crested eyes. She thought hard, but it didn't take her long to give it a name. She squeezed the bear tightly in her arms with a smile. "Mr. Cuddly...I'll name him Mr. Cuddly" She turned her head to look up at Jean, who smiled down to her, and then to Adrien. "I like to Cuddle with him a lot, and I want him to stay with me as I get older" "But what if you're suddenly bored of him?" Chloe gasped and held her bear tighter "I'll never be bored of Mr. Cuddly! We'll have tea together, bake cookies together, and even play knights and dragons! Mr. Cuddly is my knight" Chloe smiled brightly at the golden teddy bear.

Adrien held a frown, but it wasn't serious "I thought I was you're knight" "You still are Adrikins. But Mr. Cuddly is my shield and companion. Oh Woes as me, what shall a princess do?" Chloe started to mimic a distress princess, then started to play with Mr. Cuddly. "Oh don't worry Princess, me, Mr Cuddly is going be your shield until you're knight come to save you"

Adrien started to play along and stood up in a dramatic pose "Hohoho! Don't worry Chloe! I'll save you from the terrible beast!" Adrien spun around and pointed a prop sword from the ground to the butler. Jean blinked in surprise but played along with their kiddie antics. "Rawr, I'm here to collect the princess, fear me ahaha!" Jean started to run after the two kids, who ran away from the purple haired dragon man.

They kept playing this game until it was already three in the afternoon, where Adrien was signaled to leave her and go home back to his parents. Chloe was left with Jean in a courtyard where kids played in and puppet shows were entertained. She saw some of the kids in the playground she met in the kingdom's schoolhouse and confidently wanted to boast about her teddy bear to everyone there.

It didn't really go as planned since half of the kids didn't listen to her, that the only one who was by her side and liked her new toy was the ginger haired girl, Sabrina. She didn't really get along well with the other kids, especially the blue haired girl...who she was secretly jealous for having a family that was always there, but she never told anyone that. She wanted to be happy that she got a teddy bear, a companion that wouldn't leave her. Chloe went and played on the swing set with her bear, watching the puppet show across from her, not paying attention to the others.

Jean took notice of how bored she looked, but had the company of her bear to cheer her up. She still felt lonely even with the new bear distracting her. He saw her blue eyes stare at him, signalling to swing her, to play with her as the kids were still in the park. Jean obliged and walked over to swing her as her teddy sat on her lap. Chloe smiled again, she was having fun again, she just needed more attention.