Emotions?

..

"I'll get to work, you 2 go eat dinner," the nurse said.
Hawks nodded his head and walked out with Toya, leaving little Midoriya with the nurse.

She walked up to him and did some examination, "this isn't good, poor kid won't survive if he doesn't toughen up.

3 broken ribs, bruised all over, burns, scrapes, and blood.
My quirk should help him." The nurse held her hand out over Midoriya's head and began to heal him.

The wheezing died down as all the bruises slowly disappeared.

He was completely healed.

"Thank you," he said as he fixed himself up.

"Don't mention it dear.
Here's some food.
I know the training is rough and this place might as well be called a torture facility but fight through...
It's the only way you'll survive.
Here's some food, you can sit here for a bit until you're ready".

"Thank you, ma'am, you're so much nicer compared to the other superiors"

"It's my job now eat up"

Midoriya dug into his dinner, when he finished he glitched to his room where he found Hawks vacantly staring at his ceiling alone.

Everyone had been sent to their own rooms, they weren't allowed to be in other rooms once it was bedtime.

"Hawks?"

"Oh, your back kid.
Didn't notice...

What did the doctor say?"

"She said I had gotten pretty hurt, I broke 3 ribs.
She told me I had to toughen up to survive here and pretty much everything you told me"
Midoriya sighed.

"Cause it's common knowledge.
You either die here or live long enough to leave.

But we can never leave, if we try to we'll die.
We'll have to work as heroes and do every single task they assign to us when we're older..."

"...what did I get myself into.." Midoriya muttered.

"You'll get used to this place soon.
Considering you didn't die in the isolation chamber you're likely to survive everything else.

You'll be a fighting machine at the end of this, just like the government wants..."

Midoriya looked at the tap wire and let a frustrated sigh escape his lips.
There was so much he wanted to say but he couldn't without punishment.

"Hey kid"

Midoriya turned to face hawks, "what?"

"If you live long enough to be a hero and get out of this place, can your promise we'll stay friends?"

"Yeah, I will."

"Good...

Then please survive, don't break the promise like the others..."

"The others...?"

"The ones who died before you".

"I won't!"

"Okay...
Well, I'm going to sleep, we'll need it for what's planned tomorrow".

"Alright".

Midoriya crawled into his bed and went to sleep.

Next day-
In class.

"Alright, brats today you're competing against each other.
Whoever loses will be on extra cleaning duty for an entire week so you better fight like you mean it!