Cold

...

"Understood..." Midoriya sighed.

"Good...
Now let's go to sleep, you have a test tomorrow and I have to get into UA tomorrow" Hawks said as he walked away and crawled into his bed.

Midoriya looked at Hawks glumly, "I'm sorry Hawks...
I know I promised you that we'd be friends til the end, and I hope we still are but...
Me and you are going to end up taking 2 very different paths at the end of this..."
Midoriya crawled into his bed and went to sleep.

The next day-.
Hawks wasn't in class, Midoriya didn't even have time to see him in the morning.
Hawks had been in a rush to not be late.

Midoriya put the tracking chip inside an inner pocket he sewed himself and sealed it up.
He didn't want to risk it falling out.

He was lined up with his class, however...
Instead of the usual room, they were in...

They were inside an arena, Midoriya knew what this meant...
"Great...
It's a bloody battle to the death, I wonder what kid I'll have to kill."

"You all already know what this place is and what it's used for!
So line up against the wall and prepare to be called.
Remember no holding back, whoever loses will die by default.
Even if the opponent does not kill the other we'll kill them ourselves and it won't be painless.

So do your opponent the favor and finish them off in this arena, got it?" The superior grinned.

Midoriya glared at him, he couldn't control his anger.
"How is this a hero admissions agency listed for training heros?? We're out here killing people!?"

"MATRIX AND PLASMA!

You are the first match.

LINE UP".

Midoriya sighed and walked into the battleground, preparing himself.
He knew plasma, plasma wasn't one to go down easily either.

His quirk allowed him to send some goopy substance made from his own blood at opponents to glue them down and leave them immobilized.

Plasma would be the one who usually tried to pick on him, however, despite plasma being older, Midoriya was much stronger.

"BEGIN!"

Plasma loaded up the goopy substance and tried to send it at Midoriya but Midoriya glitched it below Plasma's feet, leaving him stuck In his own mess.

"Sorry it has to go this way plasma, but at least I'm giving you a fast death".
Midoriya used more of the goopy substance Plasma kept shooting out to coat him up entirely.
With that he glitch froze the quirk, freezing him within it.

Midoriya sighed and bugged the quirk out, his intent?
Heat.

During the years of training, it also came to knowledge that Midoriya could decide what he wanted to happen with a quirk, since his quirk allowed him to glitch the quirk entirely he could pretty much change its chemical build-up entirely.

Like a glitch in a game.

He ended up cooking Plasma in his own goop.

"Matrix wins.
Plasma has died.

Moving on!"

Other rounds began to take place as Midoriya just watched, he no longer cared about those who survived or died.
If they couldn't survive this part they wouldn't survive what the superiors had planned for the next couple of years, they'd be dying anyways.

And after Losing Toya, he couldn't find it in his heart to really want to help people.
He's out for blood, he wants the superiors dead.
He doesn't care if the kids within the facility break free, it's on them to run out after the superiors die.