"The older I get.."

(Play song when lyrics start)

Everyone thinks Marinette has a perfect life. But really... she doesn't. Her parents fight a lot. The only thing keeping their relationship together is Marinette herself. She once thought they were heroes... but now that she is 17 and sometimes gets abused by them she can clearly see they aren't. She starts writing songs to ease her mind away from things going on in life... like her being Ladybug, her friends slowly turning against her for a liar... her parents... everything. She even fell out of love with Adrien. Jagged Stone is probably one of the only people keeping her alive. The others being Clara and Penny.

————————————————————————

"Okay class! I have made an assignment for where you right a song about personal experiences. Or of things you have learned. You will write it and sing it in front of the class with Jagged Stone watching. You have until Friday to do this so get to working." Miss Bustier says.

Everyone gets to work. Marinette already has lyrics in mind and jolts them down. Everyone looks at her wondering what her song will be. Well they will just have to find out.

Time Skip...

It was now Friday. Marinette is very nervous to sing about her life. Of course Lila thinks it's because she can't sing so she tells everyone.

"Look Marinette is nervous. I think she is too scared to sing! Maybe she sounds like a dying donkey." Lila whispers to the girls. The girls giggle.

Soon Jagged and Penny walk... ahh Marinette's mother and father figure will also figure out about her life too... nice way to add onto the nervousness.

Jagged gave Marinette a worried glance. He had never seen her so nervous before. Same with Penny.

Soon people started singing. Everyone was okay. Lila did the worst. She song about being famous and stuff. She sounded like nails on a chalk bored. Gross. But of course people clapped.

Now it was Marinette's turn. She could feel her palms getting sweaty. She could also hear Lila say, "Aww look at the little scaredy-cat! Probably sounds like trash."

Jagged heard it but showed no reaction even though his blood was boiling on the inside.

Marinette soon made it to the front of the class.

"Okay what is your name and the song name?" Miss Bustier said.

"U-um.. *takes deep breathe* My name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng and this song is called Older. I'm sure you will catch onto what it's about. Before you say anything yes it's all... true." Marinette looks down while she grabs the microphone and plays the music.

(Start music)

I used to shut my door
While my mother
Screamed in the kitchen

The class never knew how angelic Marinette's voice was. But yet so broken when singing the song.

I'd turn the music up,
Get high and try not to listen
To every little fight
'Cause neither one was right

The class was already almost in tears. They never realized how broken Marinette was.

I swore I'd never be like them
But I was just a kid back then
The older I get,
The more that I see
My parents aren't heroes,
They're just like me
And loving is hard,
It don't always work
You just try your best
Not to get hurt
I used to be mad,
But now I know
Sometimes it's better
To let someone go
It just hadn't hit me yet
The older I get