Dont Let Your Past Define You

Marinette was wondering around the Wayne manor looking for her boyfriend. She had been wandering around for hours and kind of gotten lost.

Her and Damian's relationship was fairly new, though they have been friends for a couple of year. They had been dating for almost 5 months and Marinette has yet to tell him about her extracurricular activities. And she knew nothing about his.

So when Marinette came to a door that she had never seen before and had felt a presence behind it, she thought, 'why not see if it's Damian.'

When she opened the door she was met with tons of paintings. She barely noticed Damian in the room and how horrified he looked, she was just so in shock as she stared at the paintings

There were paintings of Damian's memories from the League... not that she knew that. She stared intently at what looked to be a younger Damian standing over a pool of blood. A bloodied katana in his hands.

"Damian...." Marinette said softly as she stared at the painting in shock.

Damian took in a shaky breath, trying not to have a panic attack due to what could possibly happen.

"Marinette... you need to leave." Damian cursed at himself due to how terrified he sounded.

Mari turned around with a few tears in her eyes. "Dami? What happened? Is that you in the painting?"

Damian shook his head as he found it hard to breathe. Why couldn't he breathe? He never acted like this. Why was he acting like this?

Marinette rushed towards Damian as soon as she noticed his rapid breathing. She has never seen Damian so scared and panicky.

She brought Damian close and ran her fingers through his hair. "Damian, you're okay. Breathe. I got you."

She kept whispering reassurances as she tried to help him calm down. Once he was calmer, Marinette pulled away and rest her hands on the sides of his face. She looked straight into his eyes. "I need you to talk to me."

"I don't want you to hate me." Damian whispered.

"I could never hate you, Dami. Don't ever think that." Marinette rested her forehead against Damian's only for him to pull away. A hurtful expression came over her face.

"I wouldn't say that. Because you don't know a lot about me." Damian moved to go sit on the window bench.

Marinette follows him instantly and sits next to him. "Everyone is allowed to have secrets." She reaches out to hold his hand but stops herself.

"What I'm about to tell you...." Damian hesitates. "It will most likely... change your thoughts about me."

Marinette shook her head slightly, about to reply, but was stopped by Damian.

"I was born in a horrid place. A place of... power. It was known as the League of Assassin. My grandfather was the leader... and I was born to be his heir. That was my sole purpose there. To train and become the best of the best."

Damian sighed, refusing to look at his girlfriend, afraid to see how horrified she'd be. How disgusted she was.

But what he didn't know was that Marinette didn't look like that at all. She was near tears. She couldn't believe the man in front of her had to live up to high expectations for the first 10 years of his life.

"Ever since I was able to walk I was trained to kill. I had to live up to so much expectations due to me being the heir to the throne. If I stepped out of line just slightly I would get beaten to near death and then be expected to return to training the next day. I wasn't allowed to show emotion. My mother never showed affection, believing it to be a weakness...."