Waynes can wreck your shit, BITCH

(Inspired by the one-shot on AO3 If You Mess With Me, You're Messing With My Family by lovely_lynn)

~

Marinette was a significantly nice person. Her father had always taught her to treat people right. But there are some people in this world that don't deserve her kindness. Liars, for example, are on Marinette's 'people I hate the most' list. She completely despises liars. They are at least in the top 3 types of people she would rather not deal with.

But it's just her luck that a pathological liar enters her life in the beginning of lycée. And you bet that as soon as that liar opened her mouth Marinette wanted to throw an uppercut hard enough to break that stupid jaw. But she didn't think her family would particularly like the idea of her nearly killing a person. That job can be left to her 10 (8 at the time) year old brother.

The day the liar had entered her life was the day Marinette had to confide in her family's butler. Alfred is a wise man. Maybe even all knowing if Marinette was being honest. She had gone back to her foster home so incredibly angry. She had to find a way to calm down before she got akumatized so she decided to call her beloved (not official but official) grandfather.

She immediately made him swear to not tell a soul about what she was gonna tell him. Which obviously he replied with, 'Of course, Ms. Marinette. Your secrets are safe with me.' or something like that. She spilled her guts about the lair and Alfred immediately told her to play along. Point out the holes in the stories but as questions. Do that until people begin to catch on.

Which... she tried to do but it didn't work out the first... hundred times. She ended up getting so mad that she would call Lila out on her lies. That didn't go too well because her friends (if she could even call them that at this point), who she knew were stupid but not this stupid, immediately took Lila's side and told Marinette that she's 'just jealous' and bull shit like that.

It took a lot of talks with Alfred to get Marinette to finally follow throw with the plan... even though a year had already passed. She didn't even care that her friends were already so deep into the hole Lila had dug. She just wanted that bitch out of there.

It was incredibly hard to act like she wasn't mad at Lila for lying about multiple things and people she have met due to the many MANY Wayne gala's she has attended. But she got the hang of it. She is a Wayne after all. It's not like she hasn't dealt with liars before (even if her father and older siblings were always there to help).

It was a huge surprise to Lila that Marinette had backed off. She thought it was because of her threat but yet she didn't realize that this was just the beginning.

As time passed, Marinette continuously acted as if she was interested in Lila's story. She asked questions about the very obvious holes in her lies. She only focused on the bigger holes. And soon enough... people started to question the holes for her! That only took half a year to accomplish.

But now... after a full year of Marinette going through with the plan, Marinette is about to lose her shit.

That day she walked into class thinking it was gonna be a usual day. She would sit down. Lila would tell her tales. She would question the holes. People would join in. And then she would go home and enjoy a huge facetime call with her favorite people.

BUT NO.

Marinette walked into class and immediately heard the stories of her home town. She just shrugged it off and continued to her seat in the back of the class. But as class went on... Marinette caught on to some lies that made her blood boil.