Rekindled Friendship

Everything has been horrible the past 2 years. Now the age of 16, Marinette has no friends, she's guardian of the miracle box, still Ladybug—though she is fighting the villain by her self now—and on top of it all... Lila makes her ex-friends believe she is some kind of villain!

Marinette sighs as she walks to class after lunch ended. She always waits behind so she could have a minute to herself.

Her journey back to class is always slow and she, most of the time, makes it before the bell. She's left to her wild thoughts and what if's. It one of the only times she allows her self to spiral.

This time, however, was broken by a painful sob coming from the locker room.

This brought Marinette out of her thoughts and into high alert. She wasn't in the mood to face an akuma at the moment. So, Marinette being Marinette, she immediately followed the sound.

When she opened the door... her heart shattered.

Chloe Bourgeois sat there, on a bench, sobbing uncontrollably. She was a mess. Her hair looked like she had pulled it and ran her hands through it multiple times, her makeup was completely destroyed, and her clothes were wrinkled.

Chloe Bourgeois, the girl who has been tormenting her since she was 10.

Chloe Bourgeois, also the girl she had been friends with since near birth. The girl she considered her sister for the longest time.

Why was the girl crying? Marinette didn't know, but she was determined to find out.

Marinette walked fully into the locker room and immediately shut the door and locked it. She didn't want people to stalk them or further embarrass Chloe or something.

"Chloe?" Marinette asked in a soft tone.

Chloe didn't hear her. Her sobs were incredibly loud and you could hear the pain; how no one heard them was weird.

Marinette walked closer to Chloe and shook her a little. "Chloe!"

Chloe looked up quickly as she forced herself to stop crying. "What are you doing here, Dupain-Cheng?" She said as she tried to wipe her tears away.

Marinette wanted to cry. How could Chloe just pretend like everything was fine.

"Chloe, what happened? Why were you crying?" She asked softly.

Marinette expected the girl to be stubborn, but, much to her surprise, she burst into more tears.

"I hate it so much! I hate myself! I'm so so sorry, Mare-bear!! I keep seeing how Lila is making the class treat you and I feel so guilty now!! I realize I hurt you but I never new it was so bad." Chloe let's out broken sobs, Marinette stands there frozen while Tikki looking around secretly for akumas. "I hate Lila. She's a no good, two-faced bitch. She made daddy think I was bullying her and Sabrina hates me now! I have no friends and now I understand how you feel and *more sobs* I hate myself so much!"

Chloe's breathing becomes extremely quick and shallow. Marinette's eyes widen. She's only seen Chloe have a panic attack once and that was during her parents first argument. Good thing she new exactly how to calm her down.

Marinette moved closer to her quickly and immediately brought her into a hug. A few tears of her own fell down her face as she listened to Chloe's now choked sobs. 

Chloe's hand started reaching for her neck due to lack of breath but Marinette took them and pulled them closer to her chest.

"Chlo, breathe. Please breathe for me. Follow my breathing."

Marinette exaggerated her breathing for 5 minutes, conducting a breathing exercise she knows all too well.

Chloe copied her breathing and eventually calmed down. It was quiet for a few minutes. The two holding on to each other tightly. It was like when they were younger; if one of them were sad the other would hug them till they felt better.

"I'm sorry." Chloe whispered.

Before Marinette could answer Chloe started ranting.

"I was so horrible to you! And I had no right to do that to you. I was jealous. So incredibly jealous. You had the perfect family and mine was falling apart! My parents hate each other and my mom doesn't even know my name. I thought that if I took all my pain out on everyone else it would make me feel better. But it didn't. And I hate myself because of it."

Marinette moved to sit next to Chloe. Tears were running down both hers and Chloe's faces now. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought you'd hate me."  Chloe looked down in shame.

Marinette shook her head. "I could never hate you for something like that."

"I know you probably don't forgive me but please can we restart?" Chloe wiped a few tears and turned back to Marinette.

"I do forgive you, Chloe. I can't imagine what pain you must have gone through. And I'm sorry I wasn't able to realize how hurt you were." Marinette sighed and side hugged Chloe. "I don't fully trust you; you'll have to gain my trust back, but I forgive you. And yes, I'm willing to restart."

Chloe brightened and tackled Marinette in a hug. She quickly apologized and pulled away. Then composed herself, wiped away some tears, and held her hand out.

"My names Chloe, I don't currently like my last name. I like fashion and law, and I was wondering if we could be friends... again." Chloe hesitantly added the last part.

Marinette giggled at Chloe. She was acting like how she used to. Happy. Marinette took Chloe's hand and shook it.

"Hi Chloe, I'm Marinette. I like fashion, too! And of course we can be friends." She then pulled Chloe by the arm and into a massive bear hug.

They stayed in that hug for a little longer; they had no intention of going to class. All they wanted to do was to rebuild their broken friendship.

Marinette pulled away after a few minutes. "I'm gonna go get our stuff, and then we can go to my place and watch rom-coms and stuff. Forget school for a moment."

Chloe hesitated. "What will your parents think."

Marinette rolled her eyes. "They'll welcome you with open arms. They might even adopt you if you explain your entire situation to them. They loved you so much, Chlo. There's no doubt they will now."

Chloe smiled at the girl and then stood up. "I'm gonna refresh in the bathroom. I'll wait for you at the stairs."

Marinette stood also and hugged Chloe once more. "I'm proud of you." She whispered.

"Thank you."

~

A/N~ Idk if I wrote it as good as I imagined it but still, CHLOENETTE BESTIES.

Words~ 1129