What Was I Made For?

"When did it end? All the enjoyment"

"I'm sad again. Don't tell my boyfriend"

~~~

I used to float, now I just fall down
I used to know but I'm not sure now
What I was made for
What was I made for?

Marinette was so sure about what she wanted in life. She wanted to be a successful designer in the fashion industry. She wanted to have three kids, at least one cat and maybe a dog or a hamster. And she was always so sure that she would marry Adrien Agreste, the perfect blonde model she had a crush on.

She doesn't know when she became not so confident in what she had planned though.

Marinette, now 17 and closer to moving out and finishing school, wasn't so sure she like designing anymore. She definitely didn't like Adrien anymore. And if she is being honest... she didn't see herself even surviving the next 5 years.

She has to guess that all of this started with Lila.

The pathological liar of the class she somehow seemed to always be stuck with every school year.

At age 14 the girl made her first appearance. Said she saved Jagged Stones cat from an airplane and said due to being so close to the airplane jets she got tinnitus. What bull shit.

But (mostly) everyone believed her. They ate up the lie and asked for more. Marinette knew it was a lie. She knew Jagged personally plus everyone knows that he is allergic to fur! And how didn't Max, the brainy one of the entire class, not call bull shit too! He should know that you aren't even allowed that close to a plane and that if she was that close she would be deaf!

And as soon as Marinette called Lila out, everyone sided with the liar!

Marinette just brushed it off then, not thinking anything of it. And when Lila threatened her in the bathroom she just tried to ignore it.

Her friends wouldn't possibly leave her for someone so fake... right?

Takin' a drive, I was an ideal
Looked so alive, turns out, I'm not real
Just something you paid for
What was I made for?

Wrong. They would leave her for someone like Lila. She realized that her friends were just as fake.

Lila continued to lie about knowing multiple celebrities and about doing a lot of things. The class ate all of the lies up. Liking how shiny and new Lila was.

And soon enough... Lila started to act on her threat. Slowly lying about things Marinette would do to her, painting herself as the victim.

And slowly but surely the class turned on her. They absolutely hated her and what she did to their Lila. They shut her out of all their plans. She wasn't invited anywhere.

She had no friends.

And she noticed that the class only spoke to her if they were confronting her or asking her for free stuff.