Did You Even Care?

Marinette sat in the back of the class, watching how her boyfriend just went along with everything the liar said. She couldn't stand seeing him just... okay with her lying and putting her hands all over him.

She can't believe he knows she is lying but won't do anything about.

The ache in her heart every time she sees him nowadays is unbearable.

"Of course I can get you into the olympics, Kim! I always get asked to participate but I always decline due to my tinnitus." Lila smiled 'sweetly' as she spilled lie after lie.

Marinette sighed loudly and just laid her head down, done with the day. But she just can't do anything without being noticed. Everybody in the class turned their heads toward her.

"What? Do you have a problem with someone sighing?" Marinette sassed, not caring about the aftermath seeing as it's always the same.

Lila's eyes welled up with her usual crocodile tears. "I don't know what I have ever done to you, Marinette! I-I just want to be your friend. I don't understand why you hate me so much!"

"What's your problem, Marinette!"

"I can't believe you."

"It's okay, Lila! She's just a bully."

"Asshole."

"She's just a jealous bitch."

Every word that was said was like a needle going straight into her heart. And once she saw Adrien get up and head to her she already knew what he was gonna do.

Adrien grabbed her wrist and lead her out of the class. Once they were a few feet away from the door he started scolding her.

"Marinette, why would you do that? I thought we agreed on taking the high road!"

"Adrien, I didn't do anything but sigh. And I never agreed to that!" Marinette huffed, she was trying to keep her emotions in tact.

"Okay, and? If you keep calling out her lies then she might get akumatised! Did you forget that her feelings matter? Her lies aren't hurting anyone." Adrien rolled his eyes.

"I am sick and tired of hearing you talk about Lila like she is some celebrity! You talk about how much you care about her and about how we need to think about her feelings and make sure she doesn't get akumatized. But... did you ever stop to think about how I feel?"

Adrien was silent for a second. Marinette stared at him in anger and in hurt. When he was about to speak up she cut him off.

"Adrien, her lies are hurting people. They are hurting everyone in that goddamn class and they are hurting me. They're hurting ME. Have you ever thought about how I could be getting akumatized from everything that class has told me ever since Lila used HER LIES to make me look like the bad guy?"

"That's different! You're our everyday Ladybug! You can handle it." Adrien furrowed his eyes.

"I have almost been akumatized more than fifty fucking time because of her and that class, Adrien. FIFTY FUCKING TIMES!" Marinette rolled up the sleeves of her hoodie to show off tons of self inflicted cuts, some new, some scared over. "DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CAN FUCKING HANDLE IT, AGRESTE." Hot tears were rolling down her face, her dam shattering as she speaks.

Adrien looks at her arms in horror.

"I have gotten death threats, I've been beaten up, I've been told to jump off the fucking Eiffel Tower. I have no friends and am forced to do what EVER the class pleases. And you think I'm just.. OKAY?" Marinette wipes the tears on her cheek and just shook her head.

"Mari I... I didn't...." Adrien was speechless.

"It's Marinette to you, Agreste. Don't fucking talk to me." Marinette walks back to the class, forgetting to roll down her sleeves.

Once she makes it into the class people stare at her arms in horror. She ignores all of them and packs up her stuff and gets ready to leave.

Before she could even make it to the door someone yelled "AKUMA!" She didn't process what was said. She was frozen as she felt an overwhelming sense of magic enter her body, and it wasn't friendly.

"Hello Princess Justice, I am Hawkmoth-"

When she processed what happened, Marinette turned her anger towards the guy in her head. "Why don't you fucking shut up for a moment, Hawkass. You are literally part of the reason on why I want to fucking kill myself. And just so you know, I know who you fucking are and I know where you fucking live so start sending out your funeral invitations. Hope you burn in hell." The akuma flew out of her sketch book and flew away.

The class stared at her in shock as she walked out of the class, tears still rolling down her face. As she walked out she bumped shoulders with Adrien and slammed the door. Adrien looked back at her like a lost puppy.

"Lila, you said she was working with Hawkmoth.... It seems like she is getting ready to murder him." Rose says sweetly but with an obviously scared tone.

A second passed and everything went to shit.

~

Words~ 863