What if...

Ok so you guys know the really embarrassing scene in Puppeteer 2 where Marinette sees Adrien and thinks he is a statue. (It's so hard to watch because of how embarrassing it is 😭)

Ok so like what if... she was talking to Tikki as she came out of the bathroom. But let's say sunshine girl is an act and she is like a badass and is betrothed to mister grumpy assassin. IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS FOR SUCH A LONG TIME SJGKEOXNFJ.

Yes I know Tikki probs would've felt Plagg and Adrien's presence but LETS SAY SHE WAS REALLY INTO THE CONVO

ON WITH THE ONESHOT.

Also Talia does care for her family. She just is just too scared to show it when Ra's is around. For the sake of the one-shot... go with it.

-

Adrien had followed Marinette to the bathroom. Alya and Nino had taken Manon so she could play and look at the wax figures.

Adrien thought it would be a good idea to prank Marinette. So here he is, posing as a statue, waiting for her to walk out of the bathroom.

Marinette came walking out and Adrien was shocked. First she wasn't acting like she normally did. Second... Ladybug's kwami was with her. Making her Ladybug. But he was frozen. He couldn't move because of how shocked he was.

"I literally hate life, Tikki. Like besides the fact that I literally have a husband, I hate life." Marinette pauses and looks at Adrien. But she shrugs it off as a statue.

"I hate that you had to go through that." Tikki says sadly.

"I hate that anybody has to go through it! Like who wants to get yelled at to kill people and if you don't do what you are told then you die. Or get tortured just to be put in green liquid that makes you go completely mad!" Marinette growls.

Tikki sighs. Suddenly one of the statues move. Marinette freezes as soon as she sees her mother-in-law starring at her.

"Marinette." Talia says.

At that moment Marinette got a notification. It was from Damian saying that his mother was in Paris. That caused her to groan. "A little late, Demon." She muttered.

Talia only raises an eyebrow. She spares a glance at the mini god and gives a slight nod. "Tikki."

"Talia." Tikki says with no emotion.

"What do you want, Talia." Marinette says.

"Is that really how you're gonna talk to your own mother-in-law? I can easily kill you. Damian can have a different betrothed."

Marinette falters a little causing a slight twitch to Talia's lips.

"Why are you here?" Marinette asks.

"I just wanted to see how you were." Talia sighs.

"Why?" Marinette narrows her eyes. She had her hand ready to alert Damian if anything happened.

Talia takes Marinette's hand, the one with a scar from when she got betrothed, and holds it.

"I didn't just betrothed you to my son because it was what was best for The League and The Order."

Marinette's eyebrows shoot up.

"I did it because it was what was best for the both of you. You guys were the best of friends and I could definitely tell you guys loved each other at a young age even if you guys hid it well. You guys were already soulmates, too.... I just sped the process a little." Talia was speaking softly. It was shocking to Marinette. The motherly warmth that was coming from Talia was nice.

"Thank you." Marinette said quietly.

"Plus I already saw you as a daughter. I may not show it to you or Damian but I do care deeply about you guys, Abnati." That made Marinette's eyes light up.

Talia squeezes Marinette's hand and was getting ready to leave. That was until Marinette hugged her tightly.

"Thank you. Really... it means a lot." Marinette said.

Talia smiled softly at the girl. "Please tell Damian that I will come visit soon. Also... might want to wipe someone's memory." Talia said as she moves away from Marinette.

Marinette looked confused and followed Talia's sight to Adrien. She freezes before turning back to Talia.
"I will."

Talia then disappears into the shadows. At that moment Damian calls Marinette. Once Marinette answers, Damian's frantic voice comes onto the line.

"Habibi?! Are you alright? Mother is in Paris and when I told you, you didn't respond. Do she come see you? Did she hurt you?" Damian asks.

Marinette smiles. "I'm fine, Ma colombe. She did see me. She just wanted to see if I was doing well."

"What? That's odd." Damian says.

"Now that she explained... not really. Apparently she sees me as a daughter and that... and that she cares for us both even if she doesn't show it.... By the way she is gonna visit you soon. No doubt to say the same thing."

Damian takes in a shaky breathe. "She wasn't lying?"

Marinette sighed. She hated that Damian was so scared that someone would lie about actually loving him. It breaks her heart at how it happened all the time.

"No Dove... it was genuine." Marinette hears Damian take in another deep breathe.

"Wow... that's a lot." Damian whispers.

"Yeah.... It is. I have to go, Demon. Something about erasing someone's memories of the conversation I just had." Marinette said.

"Interesting. I love you and I hope to see you soon, Angel." Damian says.

Marientte smiles. "I love you, too, Shaytani. I promise I'll visit soon."

"I'll be waiting. Talk to you later." Damian says.

"Bye, love." Marinette says. Then Damian hangs up.

Marinette turns to Adrien. Adrien had unfrozen and looked sheepish.

"Say bye to your current memories, Agreste."

-

Words- 954