The brown eyed boy

˗ˏˋ 01 🎬 'ˎ˗

"trust the quality of what you know, not the quantity"- Mr Myagi

- Mr Myagi

As I packed my last box, I looked around one last time just to take a look at a room that was filled with memories and happiness. I started to relive the good memories that happened through this house, I was walking around the house and feeling my hand against all the rough patches of paint.

I sat one last time on the couch. This was my favorite couch, really my only couch... I guess you can say that's why it was my favorite. Memories were flowing through my head like a mixtape on repeat.

There was a lot of disappointment that ran in my life, half of the things I learned was because I found out on my own. With practically no one there to watch me, I thought I could have gotten away with anything maybe even murder perhaps.

I wasn't a bad kid but I knew I could get away with things most kids couldn't. I felt like things in life were just so easy for me. I felt an uneasy feeling in my stomach as I started to think of most of those memories. Of course I had good memories with me, but there wasn't enough good to balance out the bad.

My mom had just gotten home with a cigar in a her hand and her purse in the other, my mom wasn't the greatest mom but she stuck around when she could anyways.

"Kid, did you pack up your shit like I told you too?" She asked Closing the door.

I guess I didn't hear her when she said it the first time with all of the memories flowing in my head like a river.

"Hey kid!" She hit me on the head it wasn't hard it was just enough to get me out of my trance.

"I'm fucking talking to you, did you pack your crap or not?" She repeated inhaling her cancer stick and blowing out the excessive fumes.

"Yes I packed my shit a while ago, now are we gonna fucking leave or not?" I asked before getting up.

yeah, I know how I speak to my mom sometimes isn't a great way to speak to an older adult but, me and my mom don't have the best relationship and she's also either to drunk or too high to even care. I would never speak to any other adult like I speak to my mom- and before you judge and say why do you speak to her that way then? Well why should I care if she won't care for me either?

She deserves the same respect she gives me, respect something you earn... it's not given.

"Bring our stuff and load it in the car and I need to go make a call." She stepped outside.

I was loading the crap in the truck like my great mother had asked me to when I heard her laughing on the phone.

"It will only be for a few months, I promise! Then you and I can do all the crazy shit we used to." She gives a little giggle at the end.

I knew my mom was in love with some crazy gang member but she just doesn't want me to know for some reason. Don't get me wrong, I knew my mom was crazy for half of the stuff she did but I never really cared because I'm usually the one who is cleaning up her messes. The reality of it is my mom is an adult, why should a teenager be caring for an adult? It's usually the other way around. Sadly, I've been taking care of her since I was 6, try that for a child hood.

"Mom, I loaded up the crap, can we leave now?" I asked.

It wasn't much stuff we had because we weren't the most wealthiest people and I was okay with it because having to much money makes to big of a problem especially when you have Monica for a mother. She's never had the word saving in her vocabulary.

"Yeah, let me just finish up with the bank." She spoke as that white lie slipped from her mouth because I know damn well she doesn't even have enough money to deposit in a bank.

My mom had finally gotten into the car and we moved out of our two bedroom apartment, yes I was excited for change of course! but I didn't think it was gonna end so soon.

We had driven for hours but it felt like days. Half way in the drive we stopped at the nearest gas station to put some gas.

When I was waiting on the gas pump, I saw my mom running out with food in her hands and Yelling "Start the car! Start the car!"

I had left the windows down in the car to let some air in earlier because it smelt like pure fumes. I was confused but of curse I didn't hesitate taking out the gas pump as quickly as I could. I climbed in through the window and started the car as my mom jumped through the window like a crazy person.

All I kept yelling was "go go go" because there was some crazy lady with a shotgun pointing at our car from the back.

"What the actual fuck mom?" I looked at her with with a serious face at first but my mom just started cracking up and lit up a cigar.

"Aren't you hungry?" She asked.

I couldn't hold it in anymore, it's good to laugh here and there and I wasn't the type to laugh often but boy did I get a good one back there.

The only response she could come up with was "Well you said you wanted food right" while she inhaled and exhaled her fumes .

After what had happened back there my mom pulled over and I promised my mom I would drive halfway because I could tell my mom could have used a little nap.

I plugged in the aux cord and played music. I rolled down the windows and let the wind glide through my face. I've never really experienced moments like these, where it was just me against the world, I felt like nothing or no one could stop me in that moment.

All I needed was my music and the wind.

I felt like I had it all.

My mom had fallen asleep like I knew she would but with a couple more hours into the drive we made it to the apartment complex. I gave her a little nudge on the shoulder to wake her up. Surprisingly she woke up it usually takes a bribe but she struggled to get out of the car because she didn't want to cooperate.

She kept whining something like '5 more minutes' as if she were a five-year-old.

Well I guess we could say we made it to the apartment complex.

'South seas', what a weird name I thought to live in.

My mom had finally gotten down and went to the front desk to ask for the apartment key, while she was doing that I unloaded the truck. As I was unloading I had seen a brown eyed boy with soft eyes, tan skin and fluffy hair and he was tall.

We made eye contact for just a few seconds and he threw a little smile at me and parted his way.

───────────────────────────

"📰"
NOTE
Gosh I hate first chapters I hope that was okay I know Johnny wasn't in th chapter but I promise he'll be in the next ones. Please leave your honest opinions in the comments because I would definitely love some feedback.

Thank you for reading!