Give em' hell

︎︎˗ˏˋ 03🎬 'ˎ˗

"Better learn balance

"Better learn balance. Balance is key. Balance good. Karate good. Everything good. Balance bad, better pack up and go home."
- mr myagi

When I got to my new apartment, I went to go sit on the bed I was sitting on earlier.

I brought my bags that were in the living room into my new room. My new room was slightly identical to my last one but with a bigger closet and it had a small bay window with a view of the street and a couple corner stores.

I had unfolded all my clothes that I kept in a duffel bag. I hung up my clothes messily in my closet, two things I didn't have were organization skills and patience. There was a little desk in the corner by my bay window, above the desk was a bulletin board.

I put a couple of pictures of my mom and I when I was younger. Life was better then, I'd like to remember it like that at least.

I also had 3 posters, I placed them on a blank wall side by side. On the desk, I put a little lamp to add extra light. I had a vinyl record player but only had 3 records and I was hoping there was a store nearby that sold some.

Once I was done fixing my room to my liking I took a shower. I washed my hair and let the water run down my back. Sometimes when I was in the shower I was so used to letting myself drown in my own thoughts. It felt like a safe place.

I was done cleaning up so I wore a shirt and underwear, I made sure the shirt covered my butt so my mom wouldn't make any stupid comments about how I was wearing some scandalous clothing to sleep in.

I was gonna say goodnight to my mom but she wasn't in her room, I looked around the apartment and started calling out for her but there was no response. I decided to leave it alone not thinking anything of it and that she would be home later.

✧︎

I woke up to a loud bang, I checked the time as it read '8:32 a.m'.

"Shit!" I yelled.

I got up as quickly as I could, I put my hair up as quickly as I could just so I didn't have hair in my face when I brushed my teeth. I picked out a quick shirt and a pair of jeans without rips because I didn't know how strict the dress code would have been.

I went in the bathroom and quickly brushed my hair and threw my (y/h/t) in a pony tail. I went to go to the kitchen to see what the bang was and it was my mom on the kitchen floor, sitting there drunk as a beat. There was throw up on the floor and on her clothes.

I let out a sigh as I squatted down to her level.

"Fuck mom... Are you fucking kidding me right now?" I asked.