Chapter 13: In a world of Trouble.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." - William Congreve.

"Maxson as in... the family Maxson? Of Maxson Corp?" Ben asked on their way to Hogsmeade. 

"Yeah." Jacob answered very quietly. Ethan could tell there was a lot of twitching that his older brother was doing. "They're... a very influential and powerful family in the Muggle World. They have 5 kids. 4 Boys and 1 Girl. And that 1 Girl is Elizabeth Maxson. Called her Lizzie for short." He explained.

"That must've been a tough secret for the family to keep." Tonks thought out loud.

"Not really." Jacob replied. "Lizzie was never one for the spotlight. All that went to her parents and grandparents. Her Grandfather started the company and Lizzie's parents became part of the board. Her brothers also followed suit."

"And what about Lizzie?" Tonks asked.

"She started her own Witches Boutique store in Hogsmeade after graduating. Her family supported her." Ryder answered for them.  

Everyone looked at Ryder like how could he possibly know that? "What? I did my research." 

"And how could she help us?" Ben asked like, how was it that a store owner was able to know about Runestones? She was a store owner.

"Because Lizzie knows about Runestones." Jacob answered. "If anyone can decipher this... it's... her." He admitted.

"Okay, what's up with you?" Ethan asked.

"Uh... Lizzie and I." Jacob answered.

"Lizzie and you what?" Ethan asked. "Didn't you speak to her at all?"

"Not since..." Jacob swallowed hard. "I got expelled from Hogwarts." He admitted. "She probably thinks I'm dead and if I show myself in front of her... she is going to kill me, and I will tell you this now. It will not be done with mercy." 

Ethan smacked his own head. "Oh, geez. Jacob!" He grabbed his brother by the scruff. "You gotta get in there, and ask for help. You're the one who suggested we go to her." He pointed out.

"And do you know what she'll do when she finds out what happened to me?" Jacob asked. "She'll say: I told you so. Because she told me so! She said: Don't trust Rakepick! And she was right!"

Ethan remembered that Lizzie loved to rub it in to Jacob when she was right about everything. He also remembered that Lizzie seemed to have a soft spot for Ethan. He remembered the first time Jacob brought Lizzie to his house. And Lizzie commented that Ethan looked as cute as a button. He sighed. "Jacob. You messed up. You gotta make things right." 

"Not with her." Jacob replied through his closed mouth. "This is not going to end well." He muttered preparing for the potential whopping he was about to recieve from his old flame.

The Group noticed the shop. Lizzie had a good thing going for her. "I'll go in first." Ethan decided. 

"We're right behind you." Ryder replied. He looked at Jacob. "Well... most of us are anyway."

Ethan opened the door. It looked like a slow business day. Lizzie was at the front desk barking orders at a witch. "Get those new robes in stock! They should've been put out an hour ago!" 

That was when Jacob took a good look at Lizzie. She looked surprisingly good. Her Short Brown hair, her brown eyes. And her Hogsmeade attire like a villager. That was when Lizzie saw Ethan.

"Ethan Bauer!" She shrieked in delight.

Ethan laughed. "Hello, Lizzie." 

That was when Lizzie went up to hug Ethan. "I haven't seen you in years!" She still had that soft spot for Ethan after all this time.