Chapter 22: The Pueblos Magicos.

"Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it."- Kevyn Aucoin

"Alright! Up and at em!" Jacob yelled out waking everyone up at 5:00am. Tulip crawled out of her bunk very slowly. 

"Is it class time already?" Barnaby asked. 

"No, but it's time to continue through the Mexican desert." Ethan answered.

"And time for you to stop snoring like a hog, Barnaby." Diego added.

"I do not snore like a hog." Barnaby protested.

"No, he snores like a cow." Rath corrected.

"Anyway. Grab a roll of bread for breakfast. And start unpacking. We gotta keep moving." Jacob commanded.

"Why do we have to wake up at 5:00am in the morning?" Tulip asked. "Hogwarts never made us get up this late." 

"Yeah, well we're not Hogwarts." Ethan pointed out. "And Penny is in chains. And we're moving. Let's head for this Pueblos Magicos that Diego talked about." He declared. "While we still have time."

"Works for me." Rath agreed starting to pack up her stuff. 

By the time everything was packed, the sun was just starting to rise. And Diego stared at the beauty of the desert and the shadow it casted over the mountains. "The Sun rises. What a lovely day." He commented.

"Yeah, I'm sure we'll all be thrilled when we're walking. Let's go." Ethan was more focused on getting to Penny.

That was when everyone thought they heard something sweep by. It looked dark and had a long neck.

"What was that?" Ethan asked.

"I didn't see anything." Jacob looked around, while Diego laughed.

"That must've been a Chupacabra." He explained. 

"A what?" Ethan asked.

"A Chupacabra." Diego answered. "They like to drink the blood of livestock and goats. Mostly goats."

"Goats?" Tulip asked.

"What can I say, they like Goats." Diego answered.

"Well it's a good thing we don't live near any goats. Or have any goats, or this will get messy." Ethan commented.

"Yeah... sure." Barnaby said nervously.

"Barnaby?" Jacob asked.

"I might have divulged into some goats before we left Hogwarts." Barnaby admitted.

"And what does this have to do with anything?" Rath asked.

"Okay, it really doesn't." Barnaby answered.

"Let's just move." Jacob said clearly not wanting to waste any more time either.

They continued on like this for several more days. Walking through the desert. Resting during the night. And then getting up and doing the same thing over and over again. All the while Barnaby tried to sing Karaoke. And Tulip missing Dennis. "I miss Dennis." She said. 

"I miss not having blisters on my feet." Barnaby added. And he went back to singing. "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands." He clapped his hands. "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands." He clapped his hands again.