Chapter 78: Running Red.

"To survive it is often necessary to fight and to fight you have to dirty yourself." -George Orwell.

Jacob kept pacing around the outer walls of the Palace as he had been doing for the past 8 hours. "Well, this is just great. Ethan needs our help and we're stuck out here doing nothing!" He kept complaining.  

"Easy Jacob. Pacing isn't helping ourselves." Saahira told him. She was used to people pacing around. Hakeem did it often as well. He was doing it too in fact. 

"They're not coming. They're not coming." Hakeem said pacing around. 

"Alright. That does it. We're going in whether the Djinn wants us too or not." Jacob declared intending to go in. 

"Jacob, wait!" Lizzie noticed the walls opening up like they were a door. 

Jacob readied his hands ready to strike at whatever was coming. 

"It's the Djinn! He comes again!" Hakeem shouted. 

That was when a Vulture flew out and flew beyond that. 

"A Vulture?" Lizzie asked. "What's that doing all the way out here?" She asked. 

Jacob recognized the Vulture however. It was an Animagus. And not just some Animagus. "It's Trotsky!" He yelled shooting a spell at the Vulture, but Trotsky was not in the mood for a fight at that moment and just flew off into the Desert and Apparating away. 

Suddenly Lizzie had a bad thought. "Jacob... if that was Trotsky. Then what happened to-" 

"Jacob! Lizzie!" That was when the voice of Ethan interrupted everyone. 

Jacob was happy to hear his voice. "Ethan!" He ran over. 

Ethan also carried Bill with him. "Oh, hey Jacob. You're here too?" Bill asked. 

"Yep. And the irony of this is not lost on me." Jacob answered giving Bill a one arm hug as well.

"We found out about the Distress Call and that you went out here, we were so worried about you." Lizzie explained.  

"Well, good thing you found me when you did." Bill joked. "That Djinn was not a nice host."  

"He turned Ben into a Monkey." Penny added. "And he tried to marry me." 

Jacob and Lizzie looked at Ben. "I got better." Ben said. 

"But Ethan? Was that Trotsky that just flew out?" Lizzie asked

"Yeah. That was him." Ethan answered. "And he killed off the Djinn." 

Jacob looked confused. "He did?" He asked. 

"Why would he do that?" Lizzie asked confused as well. 

"It could be perhaps that Trotsky knows that Djinn are very difficult to control. And not wishing to deal with that, Trotsky made it so that the Djinn does not interfere." Saahira suggested. 

"That was his meaning." Ethan replied.  

"Saahira?" Bill was surprised to see her and Hakeem there. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Helping out my new friends get their friend back." Saahira answered. "And also to protect the lands from the Djinn as I'm sure my Baba assigned you to." 

"Your Baba? The High Sage?" Bill asked.

"That's right." Hakeem answered. "Don't you remember?" 

"You're Father never assigned me to go towards the Djinn. I got the assignment from one of the other Sages." Bill said.