Chapter 16: American Deals.

"A Business that makes nothing but money is a Bad Business." -Henry Ford.

Trotsky held the Daily Prophet in his hands and read the Headline about Ethan. And he laughed at it all. The Ministry was making it all too easy for him. Trotsky didn't even have to be on the Same Continent to break Ethan's spirit. Although come to think of it. The Ministry was already doing it for him. "They really are idiots. Breaking Ethan's spirit for me." He thought to himself. Taking down the Ministry was going to be easy at this rate. He put down the paper and stared at the new land before him.

After some long travel through Portkey, Trotsky had finally made it to the United States of America. "So this is what they call the land of opportunity, of great change and possibility, where anyone can get rich on a moments time." He thought to himself. "More like a land of beer drinking idiots with guns and a McDonalds every 5 miles." He corrected as he stood on the outskirts of the city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. If there were Dark Wizards in North America, Trotsky would find them.

That was when he heard something. "Well, how about that?" A voice called from behind him. Trotsky turned to see a Dark Wizard walking up to him. "If it ain't Europe's Public Enemy #2."

"#2?" Trotsky asked.

"#1s still that You know Who guy." The Dark Wizard explained. "And that would make you, that Russian. Iosef Trotsky." He added.

"Ukrainian." Trotsky corrected.

"Heard that the world's got a kill order on your head." The Dark Wizard moved closer. "And it could make some big time money."

Trotsky didn't seem surprised. "Don't waste your time on money. If you're smart, you'll walk away, now." He warned.

The Dark Wizard threw up his hands in surrender. "Woah, woah. Easy, dude. The Underworld's a small community, and I got no real quarrels with you, Mr. Trotsky." He quickly explained as he held out his hand. "Names Slayton. Derek Slayton. We heard you're forming a crew after a big score. And some of my boys want in."

"You might say a big score." Trotsky replied. "It's called a New World Order. Free of Muggles."

Slayton looked confused at the word Muggles. But then he realized. "Oh, you mean the No-Maj. Yeah, what a bunch of dicks. Ah, what am I saying? How about we talk some place quiet, back at the hideout." He suggested.

Trotsky agreed. And he followed Slayton into one abandoned steel mill. "You're hideout is a steel mill?" He asked.

"Nah. That's a front. Keeps the No-Maj away." Slayton answered as he opened an elevator. "We got MACUSA trying to hunt us down. You know, after we pissed them off." He then pressed a button to go down to some lower levels.

"And why did you "piss" them off?" Trotsky asked.

"Eh... Philosophical differences. Some people in Government don't like our source of business. Smuggling, helping rivals retire. Beating up some No-Maj for fun." Slayton answered.

"You're a Mobster." Trotsky clarified.

"Eh. You could say that." Slayton replied as the elevator showed what looked like a whole underground settlement under the factory. A place for the Criminal Underworld in America to set up shop under the noses of MACUSA. It reminded Trotsky of Knockturn Alley, but bigger. "It ain't easy being a mobster. But I had a good score going in Illvermorny. Found this place. Been here ever since. We call it: Devil's Village."

"Devil's Village." Trotsky repeated. He could see why it was called that. He could see what looked like drug deals between witches and wizards, he could also see murders, and what looked like magical creature sales going on as well. "Sounds appropriate."