Chapter 39: Demons and Blades.

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." -Bruce Lee.

Back at Akira's House. Ethan had his wounds taken a look at. Fortunately, they weren't anything serious. Just a few cuts that required a few bandages.

"Why did I have to get my wounds checked at?" Ethan asked.

"Because the Tengu are very vicious warriors with the blade." Akira answered. "You're lucky that you and your friend Ben, didn't get cut up like pieces of Sushi."

"Point taken." Ethan replied. "Besides I got cut up by Trotsky on my own. Sucks by the way. And that was when I didn't know much about Battle Magic." 

"And to think that they don't normally teach that at Hogwarts." Ben commented.

"He's not wrong. Well actually they don't teach it until Year 7 in N.E.W.Ts for Defense Against the Dark Arts." Lizzie pointed out.

Then how did you and Jacob learn about Battle Magic?" Ben asked which earned the attention of Akira and Takumi. 

"The Restricted Section in the Library." Jacob answered as he and Lizzie smiled at each other.

"Did you tell Ethan about the time with Madam Pince and Mrs. Norris's kittens?" Lizzie asked.

"Of course I did." Jacob answered. 

"So you two were trouble makers?" Akira asked.

"We were." Jacob laughed.

"And we're proud to admit it." Lizzie added. "Except for the whole... Cursed Vault thing."

"Cursed Vaults?" Takumi asked.

"Trotsky's been tampering with some Cursed Vaults that were believed to have been built by the founders of Hogwarts. They contained a sort of power that Trotsky wants to use to destroy all of Muggle Kind." Jacob explained. "I was also hoping to find them myself. Stupidest thing I ever did." He looked to Lizzie with a sad expression. "We never should've gotten involved with those Damn Vaults in the first place." 

"We never should've gotten involved with Rake-I'm-going-to-beat-with-a-socket-wrench-pick." Ben interrupted.

Akira had to ponder as to who that was. "Ah, the Professor and Curse Breaker who used two unforgivable curses." He remembered.

"You know that?" Ethan asked.

"It was in the paper of foreign affairs." Akira answered pulling something from an archive. "It might shock you to believe that I once met Patricia Rakepick myself."

Ben's eyes widened. "You met Rakepick?" He asked.

"When she was a Curse Breaker. She had been assigned by Gringotts to help the Japanese Ministry break a curse on the Imperial Sword laid by several of the Oni." Akira answered. "It was very dangerous. But Rakepick was there to take the challenge." 

"Seems like Rakepick got a lot of the dangerous assignments." Lizzie noted.

"All we did was help Bill retrieve a Golden Dragon Egg from a Hungarian Horntail." Ethan added.

"Understatement, Lizzie." Jacob informed. "Rakepick got the Suicide Assignments. They nicknamed her, Death Row. She got assignments about The Japanese Imperial Sword, The Byzantine Staff in Istanbul, The Death Sword of Russia, And that one Dark Scepter in Hungary once wielded by a Shadow Wizard."