Chapter 60: The Elephant and the Snake.

"If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart." -Nelson Mandela.

India. One of the oldest and proudest civilizations of the known world. A massive landscape where many civilizations and empires ruled over the Subcontinent. They all came and they all went. Kingdoms and Dynasties rose and fell. And like much of the world, India came with its own magic and beliefs. And for Trotsky, it was his opportunity to gain some new recruits for his cause. From those in India or as they were called. जादूगर (jaadoogar) in their tongue. The ones he wanted who would be dissatisfied with Muggle rule. 

In the meantime, Talos was looking at the sight of the Taj Mahal. "No sight in Gaul has a sight like this." He commented.

"Enjoy while you can, Talos. We need to keep moving." Trotsky reminded.

"Sorry, Uncle Iosef." Talos replied. "It's just a different sight to see. I know I've seen the Scandinavians, the Mexicans, and the Japanese Realms. Now I'm here in India." He explained. The World had many different landscapes and other realms that Talos had never known before. He could understand why his Uncle Lascius left their home. Too bad he couldn't go to India. 

"Yes. The World has always been different. But we did not come here to goggle over Architecture." Trotsky reminded.

"I know, Uncle Iosef. We're here to recruit India to our cause." Talos replied.

"And where exactly would we find them?" Vercingetorix asked. "In case you haven't noticed, I don't see any of them around here." 

But Trotsky knew that Vercingetorix was going to say that. "No. We need to find where they live. And to do that, we'll need a type of transportation." He informed.

That was when they saw Sigurd coming down on a flying Carpet. "Look out below!" He yelled. 

"Ah, here he comes now." Trotsky said as Sigurd descended on a flying Carpet.

"Where did you get that carpet?" Talos asked.

"I've always had the Carpet." Sigurd answered. "In our Golden Age, we once explored the known world and beyond the Mediterranean, one of them brought back a Flying Carpet. Said it was from a land they called India. Also it makes a pretty good blanket." He explained. 

"The more you know." Talos thought.

"Shall we?" Trotsky asked as he motioned for everyone to get on the Carpet. 

Everyone nodded.

Trotsky used a concealment charm to mask their flight from the Muggles. He didn't want to leave any tip offs at the moment. Like many other Wizards, Trotsky had heard tales about India. Not just in their skills at magic with summoning snakes, and also all the times they had to cover it up. But also with their skills as warriors. Trotsky remembered hearing all the tales from long ago about the conquest of Alexander the Great. 

After Conquering Persia, Alexander turned his attention to the east. To the Indian Kings. One king calling himself Porus, who was the Overlord of the Punjab who had ruled under many princes, some of whom were ready to rebel against Porus and had welcomed Alexander. But Porus who saw Alexander as a threat to his rule had gathered his mighty army and marched against the Greek Legend. Both Alexander and Porus had known of the magic in their respective Empires, even going so far as to have their own forces of Wizards in their ranks as part of their army. With both Rulers respecting the Wizarding World as powerful forces that they could use to their advantage against each other. But more than that, Porus himself was a Wizard and thought that he could be enough to fight. It was the first time that the Greeks had faced against Elephants in the field of war. Alexander had defeated Porus in battle wounding the man. But not before being impressed by Porus' skills as a Wizard.