Chapter 57: New Year and a New Threat.

"You always have two choices: your commitment versus your fear." -Sammy Davis, Jr.

January had come. Winter had shown itself in full strength. And School had come again. And the Year had now become 1991. Snow was falling on the ground and classes were now back in session at Hogwarts. And while many students did return to the School. Only some stubborn parents decided to keep their students at their homes with them. With everything that had happened at Hogwarts in the past year of 1990, some thought that the war was only going to get more intense.

Though for Ethan, he did find it interesting that R didn't make a move during the Christmas Holiday. Maybe it was just that power of Christmas that stayed his hand. He was walking around the Training Grounds to see a whole Pre Game Quidditch Party taking place for the Gryffindor Team. He knew it was today. Charlie requested that he come to this one.

"Ethan!" Orion shouted noticing Ethan.

"Orion." Ethan greeted back. "You doing that Quidditch Party. Seems a little smaller than normal." He noticed.

"Well... what does normal mean anyway? What is the true definition of normal. Perhaps ones normal means ones unorthodox methods." Orion theorized.

"Come on, Orion. Don't be such a philosopher." Skye interrupted walking up to Ethan. "Good to see you, E." She said.

"Good to see you too, Skye." Ethan replied.

"Here to celebrate the sights?" Skye asked.

"Yeah." Ethan answered.

"You know the offer to rejoin the Quidditch Team still stands." Skye reminded.

"You're very generous, Skye. But I can't come back at this time. Not after everything that's happened." Ethan declined.

"Pity. We could really use a guy like you on the team." Skye replied. Though she could understand why that was. He took a nasty tumble in that one game last year that ended his team.

That was when Charlie noticed Ethan coming in. "Ethan!" He shouted.

"Hey, Charlie! I'm here." Ethan announced.

"The Twins and I had a bet to see if you were coming." Charlie turned to Fred and George. "Looks like I won!" He shouted.

"Don't rub it in." Fred replied.

"Yeah. We knew that he would show. But in case we didn't, it would be a win win for us. Too bad we just can't play on the same team as him." George pointed out.

"You're on the Quidditch Team now?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah." Charlie answered. "The Gryffindor Quidditch Team suffered a lot of people leaving for Graduation last year. So Orion's starting in new rookies this year."

"Including Fred and George?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah. Charlie says that they've got enough practice at home. And since 2 of our best Beaters are gone, we've got to start those 2." Skye answered.

"And Chasers?" Ethan asked.

"Orion and Skye are still starting, but we've also got a new rookie on the team. Angelina Johnson." Charlie answered.