Chapter 47: Healing up wounds.

"When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor." -Elon Musk.

8 years ago.

The sun after the full moon had risen. But the 10 year old Chiara Lobosca had been crying down in her family's basement which had been torn to shreds. She had a rough night again. It was that way every year since she was 7 when she had been bitten by the Werewolf and former Death Eater, Fenrir Greyback. She'll never forget that horrible howling in the night. And how her parents were too late to stop the transformation.

The door to the basement opened. Chiara's Mom and Dad had come down. "Chiara?" Her mother asked.

Chiara ran into her mother's arms sobbing. "I'm sorry, Mum. I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to."

"We know, sweetheart. It's okay." Chiara's Father assured hugging his only child. "It's not your fault..."

Chiara still cried. The transition felt horrible. They all did. "I just... want to forget it all... Mommy?"

Chiara's Mother sighed. "Chiara, we talked about this. You know that if I obliviate your memories, then it'll make the next transformation all the more worse." She explained.

And sadly, Chiara admitted that she was right. And what was worse. She would be 11 next. There was a silence for a few minutes before Chiara's father broke it. "Listen, Chiara. Your Mother and I have been talking about when you turn 11. And you'll be of age to attend Hogwarts. Now I've spoken with Dumbledore and you will be enrolled regardless of your condition. He says that the Potions Professor will brew a Wolfsbane Potion something to keep you under control when you transform so you don't go berserk." He explained.

"Really?" Chiara asked. "But... I'm still a werewolf. People will still be scared of me." She pointed out.

"It's not going to be easy, Chiara." Her Father admitted. "But being alone will just make you worse. You're more than just a werewolf." 

"That's what Selina thought. Until she saw me transform." Chiara said referring to the one time her neighbor and friend saw her as a werewolf. Despite the fact that 

"Chiara. That wasn't you." Chiara's Father informed. "That wasn't the real you." That was when they heard a knock on the door. "He's here." He left to go open the door.

"Mommy? Do I have to go to Hogwarts?" Chiara asked nervously. She was hoping that she could avoid it altogether. 

"The Professors would never let anything bad happen to you." Chiara's mother assured.

"It's not them. It's the other kids. I don't want to hurt them." Chiara corrected.

"That won't happen, Chiara. You have to trust me." Chiara's Mother explained.

Chiara's Father came back with a tall thin man with messy auburn hair.

"Who's this?" Chiara asked.

"My name is Remus Lupin, Miss Lobosca. I'm an old acquaintance of your father." The Thin man greeted. 

"Sorry. Sir. I'm sorry. I've just been-" Chiara started.

"Going through a difficult night of being a Werewolf? I've been through a night of that myself." Lupin replied.

"You mean, you're a Werewolf too?" Chiara asked.

"Sad but true." Lupin answered. "You're not alone in this, Miss Lobosca." He then sat down and started to talk about things to Chiara.