Chapter 19: Triumph turned to Tragedy.

"Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy." - F. Scott Fitzgerald. 

Ethan didn't know where he was going. But he trusted Ryder, and he trusted Ryder enough to not lead him back to Umbitch. 

"Nice work in taking down that Wampus Cat." Ryder praised as they walked.

"If you mean Tim, then thanks." Ethan replied. "So where are we going?" He asked.

"A place where you're not being led to the slaughter house if that's where your wondering. I think I've found someone who might be willing to help you deal with Trotsky. And by you, I mean us." Ryder answered. That was when Ethan saw these big double doors and a sign on the door that said the Ministers Office. Something that made Ethan hesitate.

"Ethan. It's alright." Ryder assured. He held out his hand. "Do you trust me?" He asked.

Ethan nodded. "Good." Ryder replied. "Take a deep breath, and in you go." They both walked inside to see Fudge was there. As was Dumbledore, Mad Eye, and a man that Ethan didn't recognize. 

"Ethan. This is Robert Sanders. The President of MACUSA." Ryder introduced.

Ethan blew a gasket. Now he was meeting with foreign leaders. "Uh ga wa?" He blurted out.

"It's alright, Ethan. He's here to help us." Dumbledore assured. "Minister, Mr. President. You know who this is."

"It's nice to officially meet you, Ethan Bauer." Sanders stood up and shook Ethan's hand.

Ethan also looked at Fudge who smiled like a friendly uncle. "And the same for me Ethan. Your Father was an honorable man." Fudge said.

"He was." Ethan replied. He remembered only meeting Fudge once. It was at his Father's funeral. Ethan was too upset to say anything as he held his Mother's hand, and Jacob's with the other hand looking at the newly dug grave of his Father. But they never officially spoke. "So, why did you want to meet me?" He asked trying to get back on track.

"It's pretty obvious." Sanders answered. "There's a large threat on the rise and it's now felt in the United States."

"Trotsky." Ethan realized.

"That's correct." Fudge replied. "And so far, you're the only one that's been scoring victories. We need to know everything that you know. And we need to know it now." 

Ethan looked at Dumbledore who nodded his head to tell Ethan to go ahead.

"For the past 6 years, I've faced a Ukrainian Death Eater named Iosef Trotsky. He's been trying to rally Dark Wizards to his cause and unleash the Cursed Vaults not only on Hogwarts but the rest of the world." Ethan began.

"And why would he do that?" Sanders asked.

Ethan swallowed and hoped that this would not spread panic or anything like that. "Because... he wants to purge the world of Muggle Kind. He thinks they're an evil, an abomination, and he holds them responsible for what happened to his Wife and Daughter." He answered.

Sanders sighed. He shouldn't have been surprised by this. "That's why he came to the United States. He's recruiting some new boys and causing chaos." 

"But wait, if Trotsky wants to destroy Muggle Kind, why is he so determined about the Cursed Vaults?" Fudge asked.

"It might have to do with the Runestone." Ethan answered. "The Runestone I gave to Dumbledore for safe keeping."

"A Runestone?" Sanders asked in disbelief. "You mean he actually forged one?"

"A Runestone?" Fudge asked confused.