Chapter 52: Cat and Mouse.

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." -John Wayne.

"I am alone in St. Mungo's. With the most arguably dangerous criminals in the Wizarding World." Ethan thought to himself. That's what he got for going after a wild goose chase. Slayton saw to that. He was the one who sent them on a wild goose chase. And all the while so he could attack St. Mungo's. And Ethan was the only one in that building who could help. "Well, that's no big deal." He said to himself.

"Ethan. Are you there?" Ethan could hear something in his head. It sounded like his brother.

"Jacob?" Ethan asked. 

"Yeah. It's me. Now keep your voice down. Good thing we've got that Legillemens connection, huh?" Jacob replied.

"What do you mean by keep your voice down?" Ethan asked.

"Slayton's got everyone kept as hostages in the Hospital. And if someone like you is seen trying to rescue them. He'll kill them." Jacob explained.

"That would be bad." Ethan admitted.

"Yeah... Especially when it's you." Jacob added. 

"Oh, yeah. He still has it out for me after I sliced his ear off." Ethan remembered. "So what should I do?" He asked.

"Right now. Hide and don't let anyone see you." Jacob informed him.

"Got it." Ethan replied. He could then hear someone coming from down the halls. He looked around to find some room or closet where he could hide. He found one but it was locked. He took out his wand. "Alohomora." He opened the door and quickly but silently shut the door.

"I thought I heard something." The voice of one Gangster said.

"Get back to work. That's nothing." The other Gangster replied.

Ethan breathed a sigh of relief. No one had seen him in those hallways. "Wow. That was close." He said to himself. That was when a hand had grabbed him from behind his mouth. He could feel a want pointed at his back.

"Turn slowly." An Old Woman ordered. Ethan turned around to see Augusta Longbottom with her wand pointed at his back.

"Augusta Longbottom?" Ethan asked silently.

Augusta realized who it was. "Oh, it's you. Sorry about that. These Gangsters showed up out of nowhere. We were on our way to leave until they started taking hostages." She apologized.

"It's fine. I'm sorry this all happened." Ethan replied.

"Eh, don't blame yourself. It's not your fault that Slayton put you on a wild goose chase. It was a trap." Augusta assured.

"And I fell right for his bait." Ethan muttered.

"So, you did. Now we're here. What are we going to do?" Augusta asked trying to stop Ethan from going on another pity fiesta. 

"We gotta thin out Slayton's herd. But we gotta do it discreetly. He has Hostages everywhere, and we can't let them get caught in the crossfire." Ethan answered going on the offensive.