Chapter 23: Mexican Standoff.

"A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way." -John C. Maxwell.

Back at Hogwarts. Caroline was trying her best to keep her calm by sipping her tea in silence in Dumbledore's Office. Lizzie was also there wanting updates as well. It had been weeks since her sons had left. "Any word from Mexico?" Caroline asked.

Ryder and Dumbledore were there as well of course. "So far so good." Ryder answered. "I got a tip yesterday. If this intelligence is correct. They're not that far from Mexico City." 

"Mexico City?" Caroline asked. "That seems so far away."

"Not that far." Lizzie replied. "I do have some connections inside of Mexico as well. I'm rich remember?"

Caroline looked at Lizzie. Her and Jacob were made for each other it seemed.

"Relax, Mrs. Bauer. Your boys will be alright. They're smart and wise beyond their years. Jacob even learned how to apparate in his 5th year already." Dumbledore assured.

Caroline sighed. "You're right. Professor. I just miss them so much." 

"What about Trotsky's followers here? Any word?" Lizzie asked.

"So far no. It's all quiet on the Western Front." Ryder answered. "I've had to reorganize things after Umbitch messed us up so badly." 

"Ugh." Caroline groaned at that name. "I hate that woman. First she calls my husband a fool who was stupid to get himself killed. Liar of course. And then, She does this to my Ethan!" She held up the paper on the article about Ethan in the Ministry. Caroline was almost tempted to rush over to the Ministry herself and smack Umbitch for what she did to her son.

"You read those too?" Lizzie asked surprised.

"I'm going to shove down her throat if she messes with my sons again." Caroline answered. It was at that moment that everyone could see where Ethan and Jacob got their fiery spirit from.

Mexico City. The heart of the country of Mexico. It served as the Capital for so many years. And continues to do so to this day. Now it was the next destination for Ethan and his crew to go find Trotsky. If there was a scene where Trotsky would arrive. It would be in Mexico City. And that's exactly where Ethan was going. He brought his team this far. And he wasn't going to turn back now.  

"Mexico City. Seems a long way from just London." Diego commented.

"I think you could say that for every city on the planet. Except for America of course." Tulip pointed out.

Ethan shrugged. "It doesn't matter." Normally he would've been excited about checking out these new places. But with Penny kidnapped and held prisoner, he really didn't have time to smell the roses. All that mattered was getting Penny back safely to him. He had to remind himself of that every night before he went to sleep.

"So what's the plan?" Tulip asked. "Split up like last time?" 

Jacob nodded. "We'll cover more ground that way. Ask around and see if anyone's seen Trotsky. If you do find him. Don't engage. Tell us, and we'll be right there." He ordered.

Everyone nodded. "Same teams as before?" Rath asked.

"Yeah." Jacob answered. "And this time... try not to stick out like sore thumbs." He starred at Tulip as he said that.

"Oh you make one scene with the Frogs, and you're labeled for life." Tulip complained.

"Uh, Jacob. I don't have a sore thumb." Barnaby pointed out.

"It's a figure of speech, Barnaby." Ethan informed.

"So... I don't need to use this mallet to make my thumb sore?" Barnaby asked holding a mallet.