Chapter 74: Curse of the Djinn.

"Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds." -Orison Swett Marden.

When going to parties or festive events, there are certain people that fall into different categories. Those that come to the party for the dancing, those that are in it for the food, those who have social obligations that they have no choice but to attend, those who try to gate crash, those who didn't get invited at all but everyone is just too polite to admit that they didn't get invited, so they just let them stay, and the people that just sit on the couch and don't interact with anybody at all. 

And then there's the Circle of Khanna. Who were fleeing with some girl that Barnaby had just met. 

"Where'd you meet this girl, Barnaby?" Jacob asked. 

"Met her by the Food." Barnaby answered. "She's also got a brother who's the next High Sage." 

"He is?" Ethan asked while Penny and Rath were holding him up. 

"We can talk about that later." Lizzie informed as she saw Magi Guards going after them. 

"Why are they chasing us? Can't you do something about that?" Penny asked. 

"They must be under the orders of the rogue Sages. They will not obey me." Saahira answered. 

"What about the rest of our friends?" Ethan asked. 

"My Handmaidens will escort them out. Barnaby has told me about them." Saahira assured. "Now let's go." 

"Where are we going?" Lizzie asked. 

"To the Outside." Saahira answered opening a door to the stables. And Saahira had opened a carriage. "Come on. Everyone in." She told them. That was when she saw Hakeem panting back and forth. "Hakeem. Come." 

"Saahira? What's going on?" Hakeem asked. 

"You remember that bad thing I told you about? It's happening now." Saahira answered. 

Hakeem started to breath harder. So his sister had to grab him by the shoulders. "Hakeem. I will get you somewhere safe. But we must go." She told him. 

"Is that Ethan Bauer?" Hakeem asked as he was looking at Ethan. 

"Yes it is." Saahira answered. 

"Kid knows who I am?" Ethan asked. 

"Everyone knows about the Curse Breaker of Hogwarts." Hakeem answered. "I hear things." 

They all got in the carriage. "Um... Saahira was it? Where are the Abraxan?" Penny asked. 

"We don't have any." Saahira answered. "These carriages require no horses to travel. They travel through magic." She explained. 

"And you're sure that the others are safe?" Ethan asked. "Ow." 

"I will trust my Handmaidens with my life. They are not flowers. Give them wands and they will be put to use. Now we must go." Saahira answered. She handed the reigns to Barnaby. "You drive." 

"You sure?" Barnaby asked. 

That was when they saw the Magi come their way. "Let's DRIVE!" Barnaby yelled like a madman and out the Palace through the night. 

"You know. This is getting annoying that I keep getting scars on my body. I mean, what's up with that?" Ethan asked.