Chapter 89: The Next Phase.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." -Robert Frost.

"Ethan. I know that you probably have mixed feelings about hearing my voice and the way I write. But I want you to know. That I'm sorry for all the pain I have caused you. My Family had taken your Father away from you. That's about as bad as it gets. And I'm not asking you to forgive me. And I don't care if you say that there's nothing to forgive. I've done so many horrible things to you. And I can't take them back. If you somehow survive this and kill... Trotsky. Then this is officially goodbye. I can't go back to the Ministry. I can't follow the Wizarding World of Great Britain or any other. All I ask is that you see to it that Ismelda is okay. I don't want anything bad to happen to her. She's all I've got left in this world. I don't blame you for attacking me at the Ministry. It's what I deserve. If you don't want to forgive me, I understand. Just know that I'm sorry. It's what I deserve for everything that I did to you. Everyone has their own ways to follow. I need to find my own. Goodbye." Ethan had read the letter. Merula really was gone for good. The last thing that Ethan did to Merula was attack her. Ethan shook his head. He looked at the outside world. Merula was going away. Forever.

Merula had stared from atop of the hill at the School of Hogwarts for the final time. "Trotsky really is gone. And I never got a chance to tell him how I really felt." She said. 

"Merula?" That was when the voice of Ismelda had sounded. And Ismelda had come forward. 

Merula breathed in and out. "Well... that's that again." She said to Ismelda. "If it wasn't for you Ismelda. I would probably be miserable for the past 7 years. Thank you." Merula started to walk away next.

"Merula? Where are you going?" Ismelda asked.

"It's over now. Trotsky is dead. And his armies are defeated." Merula answered without giving Ismelda a definitive answer. 

"We're leaving again?" Ismelda asked.

"I am. You're staying." Merula corrected. 

Ismelda looked stunned. "Merula. No." 

"I've made up my mind, Ismelda. You can't stop me." Merula told her. 

"Stop!" Ismelda shouted. Merula stopped walking. "Merula. You're making a mistake. That battle shook you. You're not thinking straight." She insisted.

"No, Ismelda. For the first time, I am thinking straight. I've done a lot of horrible damage to this school. The Cursed Vaults. I don't belong there. I need to find my own way." Merula said. 

Ismelda wasn't going to budge that easily. "Merula. You don't have to run. We can fight! We can-" Ismelda was saying.

"I'M TIRED OF FIGHTING!" Merula screamed. "I'M TIRED OF ALL OF THIS! I JUST WANT TO RUN! THAT'S ALL I CAN DO! You have a life, Ismelda. You have to live it. My Mother and Father say I'm worthless. My Adoptive Father is dead. I'm disgraced from Hogwarts. And the worst Witch to ever bear the House of Slytherin. I just want to leave it all behind." 

"Merula..." Ismelda started to get tears in her eyes. "You're my sister." She said.

Merula shut her eyes. "I know. But you have to live your own life." She insisted. "Forget about me. I have to walk my own path now. Where that will take me. I don't know. But I have to go alone." 

Ismelda couldn't believe what she was hearing. Merula Snyde was leaving her. Everything that she had done. It didn't matter anymore. There was nowhere she could go now. R was defeated. Merula couldn't show her face after what she had done to Hogwarts and the Bauers. Her Parents wanted nothing to do with her anymore. And Merula couldn't drag her sister to the depths of Oblivion with her. Merula would have to walk her own dark path. Alone.