Chapter 90: End to the Tale.

"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." -T. S. Eliot.

And so... the journey had come to its end. Ethan Bauer left King's Cross Station with Jacob, Caroline, and Kassandra and they began their trek back to their home. It was a silent trip for all of them. Muggles went about their usual business as they always did. That's what made it silent for Ethan. The people had no idea how close they came to Armageddon. But thanks to the work of Ethan Bauer and others, that didn't happen. Perhaps it was for the best that no one know of what happened. There was also a silence on the Bus Ride to the Outskirts of London. They could get to their home in the countryside rather easily from there. 

Caroline noticed that Ethan was deep in thought. She put a hand on his hand to comfort him. Jacob was also breathing in deeply. It had been 7 years since Ethan began the trek to Hogwarts. Having done so with a simple goal in mind. Find his Brother Jacob. It seemed a simple enough task. Find the clues. Do it with whatever it took. But that was the end goal. No one could predict the exact route that Ethan would take. No one to this day knows ever single route that person will take and what they will encounter along the way to reach that goal. And for Ethan his path was full of things. He met his Best Friend Rowan Khanna. Defended Ben Copper from being bullied by Merula Snyde. Met his future love, Penny Haywood. And also learned of an Ice Curse. And that was his 1st year. 

His Second Year. He fought the Ice Knight, met Bill Weasley and became fast friends with the rest of the family. And he got closer to Penny as well. 

Ethan's Third Year was marked with the Vault of Fear. He teamed up with Tulip Karasu and Barnaby Lee to unlock the Vault of Fear. And he also worked with Nymphadora Tonks as well to help him with that. Along with meeting Andre Egwu the style wizard. Then came the time when Ethan was accepted onto the Quidditch Team. He joined forces with Skye, Murphy, Orion, Rath, Face Paint Kid- No... Jack. And Ethan won Gryffindor the Quidditch Cup. 

Ethan's 4th Year was yet another Cursed Vault Dilemma which the Weasley Brothers helped him with. And that was also the Celestia Ball. He went with Penny to that. And then at the end of the year, Ethan went on a date with Penny to Madam Pudifoot's Tea Shop. But the big event was Patricia Rakepick, The famous Curse Breaker. Or so Ethan thought. 

5th Year was a busy one. And also stressful. Ethan had to deal with a Portrait Curse, Beatrice being one of the victims to that. Detention in the Kitchens with Jae Kim. O.W.Ls. And pressure from Rakepick to succeed. Rakepick also broke Ethan's wand so Ethan had to get another one. And then came the big battle with a Hungarian Horntail to reach Jacob. It was at that moment that Rakepick was revealed to be working for R the whole time. But Ethan got the upper hand against the vile Witch that trapped Jacob. 

In Ethan's 6th Year. That one always broke Ethan's heart. The Death of Rowan. Beatrice changing her attitude and appearance. Ethan quit Quidditch in that year. He couldn't be the same anymore after Rowan died. But Ethan did take justice by throwing Rakepick in Azkaban and giving her her just desserts. But that was when Ethan first learned of Iosef Trotsky, the leader of R. And the near death experience that Ethan had nearly had with the man. 

And 7th year... Well. Ethan had already lived his life through it. It was a simple mission to find his brother and get him back. For 7 years, Ethan had lived in isolation with him and his Mother. And suddenly he saw a familiar sight to him. Home. But there was something about it. 

"Are you okay, Ethan?" Caroline asked. 

"It just seems... so quiet." Ethan answered. "Does that feel strange?" He asked.