Chapter 75: Difficult Decisions.

"It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong." -Thomas Sowell.

Ethan woke up the next morning with the sun shining through the window of the room that he was standing in. He couldn't really remember what had happened the previous night after he danced with Penny. But he was up already for the day feeling much better then the tired attitude that he was feeling the following night. He also noticed that Penny was still sleeping, so Ethan quickly got dressed and pulled in a shower charm on himself. Which was taking a shower without actually taking a shower. He joined Jacob and Lizzie in the first floor who were already up along with Barnaby and Ben, talking to Saahira and Hakeem about something.

"Morning, E." Jacob greeted. 

"Morning, Jacob." Ethan greeted back. "Feeling fine. Don't worry about me." He assured. "Good morning Ben." He said. 

Ben waved hi. "Where's Penny?" He asked. 

"Oh, she'll be down." Ethan answered. "Anybody else awake?"  

"Just Skye, Orion, and Rath." Lizzie answered. "Rath needed to get some fresh air outside with her Beater stick and Skye wants to get her blue slip of hair back. So she's in the washroom." 

"And what about Orion?" Ethan asked. But then he remembered what Orion does in his morning routines sometimes. "Nevermind. He's outside Meditating, isn't he?" 

"Yep." Jacob answered. 

"Well, the others have to wake up soon." Saahira said. "We will be going deep into the desert today to find the Palace of Evil."  

"We have the map." Barnaby pulled out the map while accidentally hitting Ben in the nose. "Sorry Ben." He quickly said. 

"My own fault for standing there." Ben grunted. 

"Saahira. What happened to your Handmaidens?" Ethan asked. 

"They are getting supplies for the journey into the desert." Saahira answered. 

"And how long will that take?" Ethan asked. 

"The Journey into the desert or the gathering of supplies?" Saahira asked. 

The Journey into the desert." Ethan clarified. 

"Well, that would take about 3 or 4." Hakeem answered. 

Ethan was waiting for Hakeem to go on for more. "3 or 4 what? Days? Weeks? Months?" 

"Maybe 5." Hakeem continued. "Weeks." 

"Oh, great." Ethan muttered. He had a feeling that now, this was going to take as long as Mexico. "Why do the deserts always have to be the longest and the grueling?" He asked. 

"Well, you're welcome to go home without Bill." Ben suggested. 

"Not happening." Ethan shot down not going for that alternative. "Still... Looks like we won't see Hogwarts for a while. Better tell Ryder what's what." He decided. 

"Can we contact him?" Jacob asked. 

"I'm pretty sure we can." Ethan answered getting on his wand and using the Contactu Spell. But the distance was too far away. "Damnit. Can't get a signal." 

"Can't we just use a Fire Pit." Barnaby suggested. 

"A Fire Pit?" Lizzie asked. "How does that help us?" 

"We can use a Fire Pit with Floo Powder. That is assuming we have some." Barnaby explained. 

Everyone looked at Barnaby. "Wow. Barnaby, that's brilliant." Ethan commented. "Saahira? You got any Floo Powder?"