14.

At the restaurant

Unnati: Is it from Manav? Is he really that scary?

Shriya: Finally, I don't have to pick up his calls. I am just too useless. (She starts to tear up)

Unnati(taking out the tissue) : No!! I think you have worked really hard .

Shriya: Really?

Scene shifts

Manav is angry and is walking in his house.

Bhumika: Manav, don't worry we have found you a new assistant. She will be here soon.

Manav: A new one again. I don't care who or what it is. Just don't have them quite so quickly.

Bhumika: Of course!

Manav: Stop changing them right after I get used to them.

Bhumika: Sure!

Coming back to Unnati and Shriya.

Shriya: Thank you so much! Director Tanishk, Director Annanya and Bhumika they never ever praised me before. (She starts crying) And Manav said he gets angry whenever he sees me. Once he gets angry, Director Tanishk would scold me and call me stupid. Bhumika said if it was not my good temper, she wouldn't have given me that job.

Unnati couldn't see her like that.

Unnati: That's too much pressure. That's not an assistant! It's a punchbag.

Shriya: No, no. I am useless. I have got no diploma and I am slow. Besides, I don't know about music at all.

Unnati: That's not true. I have heard that Manav Chabbra is very picky. It's not your fault. You're great enough for enduring him for this long. Stop blaming yourself.

Shriya(smiles) : Thank you so much Unnati. We don't know each other for too long. But I know you are a good person. You are the only one who treats me to a meal. But please, never be Manav's assistant. He is too weird and too hard to deal with.

Unnati herself didn't want to be his assistant but the company already fixed her so she couldn't do anything.

Unnati: Stop crying, let's eat. Shall we?

Shriya nods her head and smiles.

Time passes. Unnati is standing in front of Manav's building. She recalls Shriya's words.

He is too weird and hard to deal with.

Unnati thinks for a while then takes the lift and rings the doorbell. Manav opens the door.

Manav: You?

Unnati: Yes, here I am.

Manav: Did Tanishk send you again?

Unnati: He offered me the job as your assistant. Surprised? I was surprised too.

Manav: Come in!

Unnati: Wait. You see, I am just an inexperienced new staff. While you are a superstar. You need an expert who can help you with everything. Obviously, I am not professional enough for you. If Director Tanishk asks me about you, I will say you don't want me. And if he asks you, please respond in the same way. Let's make a deal. That's all. I will leave you alone. Bye.

Saying this she turns around to go.

Manav: Stay there. I haven't finished yet. Come in and close the door.

Saying this he goes inside and Unnati follows him.

Manav: Blah, blah, blah. You mean you don't want to do this job.

Unnati: No no no. It's not like that. I am very willing to do this job. (she is lying). But I know I am not professional enough. I don't want to ruin you.

Manav: Don't worry about that. Answer me, are you willing to be my assistant?

Unnati: Yes. I am very, very, very willing to do this job. It's just that I have a chance to do a job everyone wants to do. I feel so honoured and surprised. But I know you won't be satisfied with me and don't want me.

Manav: I am satisfied.

Unnati: What? (Surprised and shocked)

Manav: I said I am satisfied with you.

Unnati: No way. I am just a silly girl.

Manav: It was supposed to be impossible. On the first day at work you froze my Twitter and shouted at me. Tanishk sent a newbie to me to make things difficult for me. Normally, I should send you back. But after hearing your sincere confession, I changed my mind.

Unnati(smiling) : Please don't. Please think carefully. Don't change your mind so easily.

Manav: At least, you have hacked peoples account and created fake views. You are like a wannable hacker, which means you're not stupid at all. I still can give you a chance. Flaws are no big deal. You can correct them. If there's anything you don't know, I can teach you. How about that?

Unnati was not getting any reason to refuse him but still she was trying.

Unnati: I still think you should consider once more. Don't decide so quickly.

Do you think Manav will consider about it again and change his mind?

I will post the other chapter soon. Stay tuned.

Thanks for reading ❤