46

At Manav's House

He went inside his wardrobe. Took out a shirt and stood in front of the mirror. He remembered how Unnati ran after that guy thinking him to be Rohan. He sighed after thinking about it and then came outside. (What do you guys think is happening 🙈)

Unnati entered the house with a box. She kept the box on the ground and opened it. There were food items inside it. She started organizing them in the fridge. Manav saw her.

Manav: Unnati!

Unnati turned to look at him.

Manav: Come here!

Unnati: Yes coming!

Unnati went in the room. Manav was standing with the shirt in his hand.

Manav(showing her) : How about wearing this for tomorrow's event?

Unnati: You always say I have a low taste.

Manav: You have been with me for a long time. I just want to see if your taste has been improved or not.

Unnati: You are both the guest and singer tomorrow. This shirt is not suitable for you. Change another one for performance.

Manav nods his head.

Manav: Ok, got it. I will wear this one. Iron it for me. Thank you!

Manav kept the shirt on the table. Unnati gave him an annoyed look.

Unnati: Why did you ask me if you don't want to consider my advice.

Unnati went towards the shirt to iron it while Manav was standing in front of her. His back leaning onto the wall.

Manav: Your taste is still too low. No improvement.

Unnati(while setting up the iron) : Is it vulgar to be different from you? I think you are the one who has a low taste.

Manav chuckles.

Manav: There is another point to prove your low taste. That is, you like Rohan.

Unnati: I..

Manav: What do you want to say? (Moving closer to her face) Do you like Rohan?

Unnati: None of your business!

Manav moved back and Unnati started ironing the shirt.

Manav: Then you accept it.

Unnati: It's my personal affair. No comment on it.

Manav(folding his arms) : I was very curious. How come you fix your eyes on Rohan and ignore my existence?

Unnati looked at him .

Manav: I am much better than that Rohan! Am I less glamorous than him?

Unnati was confused listening to him.

Manav: Why do you like Rohan but not me?

Unnati(confused) : Why should I like you?

Manav(adjusting himself): Don't get me wrong. I have no feelings for you.

Unnati continues ironing.

Manav: I just can't figure it out. I am much better than Rohan in every way. We are totally not comparable. In Mexico you said, you didn't like me. That seemed to be true but that's rather strange. Can you tell me the reasons?

Unnati kept the iron down.

Unnati: I think what your elder sister Pranita said was right. Truly, you have a low IQ.

Manav(annoyed) : Pranita was an A grade student since childhood. She always topped. She's entitled to scold me but you are not. You like Rohan. This represents that there is something wrong with your head.

Unnati: Yes, I like Rohan but it's none of your business. Do you think all the people in the world like you? Don't you know how hateful you are?

Manav(smiling) : Am I hateful? Then who hates me?

Unnati: I! I hate you very much. You are such an arrogant creature. Everyone indulges your caprice. So you are spoiled now.

Manav: You mean though others hate me, they won't say that to me.

Unnati: What do you think? Every normal person will hate you. Only you think all the people will like you.

Manav(smiling): You are angry and start to talk nonsense. Do you think you can break me down in this way? You are really wrong. I am very confident in my personal glamour.

Unnati(sighs) : I am sorry, it's my problem. I tried to talk with a person with you just like now. It's up to you whatever you think. I don't understand your world. So I hope you can stay away from my world, okay?

Manav(smiling): No way! You are my assistant. So it's my responsibility to take care of you.

Unnati(smiling) : I don't need it. Thank you!

Saying this she looked down to iron the shirt. The iron was kept on the shirt all this while. Unnati gasped and Manav looked at her.

Manav(removing the iron): My shirt!

Unnati: I.... I.... I am sorry. I didn't do it on purpose.

Manav(angry) : No, you did this on purpose. A revenge from me, right?

Unnati(scared) : Not really. I will buy you a new one. I will buy a new one online today.

Manav (trying to calm down) : Online... Uhh... Pranita bought this shirt for me. This is global limited edition. There is only one such kind of shirt in the whole world. How can you buy another one?

Unnati's phone started ringing. She took it and came out from the room. She then picked it up

Unnati: Hello Rohan!

Rohan: Unnati! I entered into tomorrow night's finale. Will you come and see me?

Unnati: Yes, of course. I have prepared a gift for you. When you will win the first price, I will give it to you.

Rohan: All right, I hope so. Mr. Shaswat of your company taught me many singing techniques. Actually, I am very confident this time.

Unnati: You must be confident of yourself. I will come there and cheer you up.

Rohan: Okay then. See you tomorrow.

Unnati: Okay, bye.

She cuts the call and turned around to see Manav standing right behind her.

Unnati: Ahhh... You scared me.

Manav(annoyed) : Uhh... Youu.. Why did you shout?

Unnati: Why were you overhearing my talk?

Manav: Rohan? Look at yourself. When you talk to that Rohan, you are so tender and sweet. Why are you so unfriendly to me?

Unnati turned around. Manav also came and stood beside her.

Unnati: Let's talk about that shirt.

Manav: Do you regard my place as a free market? No bargains allowed!

Unnati: You said there is no place to buy it. I have no money. Then tell what should I do?

Manav: You seemed to be generous when buying clothes at the airport.

Unnati(loud) : That's all because of you...

Manav: Me? You must dress properly when you are working.

Unnati was going to say something but Manav cuts her.

Manav: Ok, stop it. I know. I knew you couldn't afford it. I knew you were not rich. You can pay me by installations. I will give you 70% off until you pay off the installments. Is that ok?

Unnati just passed a smile.

Hope you all like this one. Stay tuned for the next one.

Thanks for reading ❤