40.

It was the night time. Unnati was searching for Manav in the market. The market in Mexico were lighted. It looked very beautiful but Unnati was sad.

Unnati's Pov (while walking)

This city is so big. It's my first time coming here. Where can I find him? Manav does nothing good to me. Why does everything about him always go wrong? I am so unlucky. (She then took the support of a wall and stood there as she was sad plus tired) Everything has so many possible results, but my result is always the worst one. (She then squatted and burried her head in her legs, after sometime she raised her head again) Where are you Manav? Did anything bad happen to him? (She then imagined a whole scene of Manav being chased by some people and then being kidnapped and all of that) Uhh... Why do I hate him so much? Why am I thinking about bad things? (Assuring herself)No,bad things won't happen. He will be alright.

A woman sitting there saw Unnati troubled. She went to her. She kept her hand on Unnati's shoulder.

Woman: What's wrong? Do you need any help?

Unnati(standing up) : I lost a man!

Woman(smiling) : Don't be sad, you will find a better one. (Unnati realised what she just said)

Unnati(confused) : No.. no...

Woman: You are so young and beautiful, everything is possible.

Unnati: No, I mean...... I mean....

She wanted to explain but she was too confused at the moment that she was not able to explain. Seeing, Unnati like that the woman opened her arms for a hug. Unnati, did not think anything and hugged her because this is what she needed at that moment. Unnati felt better after the hug.

Unnati(smiling) : Thank you!

The woman smiled and left from there.

Time passes...

Unnati was sitting in a restaurant tired. She was waiting for someone. After sometime a woman came and sat opposite to her.

Woman: Hello! Are you Unnati Malharkar?

Unnati: Yes, may I know who you are?

Woman: Hello, hello! I am President Rathore's friend. His daughter Pari stays here at my home.

Unnati: Oh, hello! What's your name?

Woman: You can call me Eva. You know what happened to Manav?

Unnati nodded in negotiation.

Woman: My husband is a lawyer. He always helps President Rathore with ovoversea affairs. So he has delegated another lawyer here to bail him. Everything would be okay.

Unnati(confused) : Bail? Where he is?

At Manav's side

Manav was roaming inside the jail with few others, with whom he was racing. The police came there.

Police: Juan, Carlos, Daniel!

The police opened the door and the three of them got out.

Manav: Not me yet?

Police: No!

The police left from there, leaving Manav and two other in the jail.

Manav: Where are our people? Where are they?

The two of them had no replies. Manav went in the corner and sat down with his head burried in his hand. Suddenly, the police again opened the gate. Manav stood up.

Police: Pete! Mark!

Both of them got out and Manav was left there alone. He was frustrated. Meanwhile, Unnati and Eva reached at the police station. The lawyer also reached there and they got Manav bail. The police, Eva and Unnati went inside to get Manav out.

Manav: Why are you here so late? (He sees Eva) Who are you?

Eva: I am Eva. President Rathore's friend.
I am the guardian of Pari. The lawyer has finished the procedure. Now you can leave.

Manav: Thanks!

He came out and started moving ahead. Unnati followed him. They reached a restaurant. Eva and Unnati were sitting on one side and Manav on the other side. Manav was eating while other two were sitting.

Unnati: You can eat fast food.

Manav(annoyed) : I am starving!

Unnati: Then if any emergency happens when we go back, I can give you fast food.

Manav(more annoyed) : NO! It's emergency today. You can't let it happen anymore, okay?

Unnati(serious) : You are not suffering, okay? Besides, who made you get into jail, me? (Sarcastic) Who played speed racing?

Manav: What did you say? Say it again.

Unnati ignored him and looked at Eva. Manav continued eating.

Unnati(smiling) : Thanks for today Eva.

Eva: Your welcome. My husband called me today that he can't be here. So, he asked me to make sure you are okay. (Smiling)Manav is the most important artist in Star Entertainment. And he's the number one idol in Pari's heart.

Both Unnati and Manav were smiling all this time.

Manav(surprised) : Pari is here?

Eva: Yes! She wants to come and see you when she came to know that you are here to shoot a MV.

Manav was smiling.

Eva: It's not far from LA to drive here. So I brought her here for vacation.

Unnati: Pari is your fan?

Manav: Pari has a brilliant sense since she is 8 years old. She is my first fan. And I even drew a number 1 certificate for her.

Eva(smiling): Yes, yes.

Unnati was laughing.

Manav: You are laughing! (pouts cutely)

Eva: I heard that your location for MV shooting is about to change. So you have some days off. So, why not to come at my place and see Pari?

Unnati(smiled) : Okay!

Unnati turned to look at Manav and he smiled.

Manav(smiling) : I am okay!

Sorry for not updating yesterday. I will try to be active but I cannot promise. I have my studies as well. So, whenever I get time, I will try to update.

Hope you are enjoying reading it. Stay tuned for next chapter.

Thanks for reading ❤