20.

Unnati followed him inside.

Unnati: You mean you really don't have a clue.

Manav went to his fridge and took out water to drink. Then again started walking towards his sofa.

Manav(walking) : I really don't have any obligations to you. Ask them by yourself.

Unnati(following him) : I am your assistant that's why I am asking you. It's really important for me. I need to clear it or I will feel bad.

Manav opened the water bottle and drank the water. He then sat on the couch and looked at her.

Manav: Why would I help you? Why should I make you feel good?

Unnati: What if you are deceived as well? I have seen the songwriter. He doesn't know you will sing his song. Don't mention your name. Maybe he will sue you.

Manav(smiling) : Sue! Let him sue!

Unnati: Even if it's like what you said, shouldn't you figure out it's intellectual property? You could be deceiving the audience. And you would be sued for it.

Manav: Stop bothering me. I have no idea about it. No warned, no fault. Alright? (Standing up from the couch) Besides could you just stop cawing like a crow? Caw, caw, caw. Calm down, will you!?

Unnati(little louder) : Even a crow knows to take care of its feathers. You are not better than a bird!!

Saying this she went from there and Manav looked at her with a annoying face until she left.

At the pub(where Rohan works)

Rohan was standing near a table. A page was kept there and he was seeing it and marking on it with a pencil. Rahul(Rohan's best friend) came from back.

Rahul: Ms. Li is here for you again.

Rohan: Get off me! I am not in the mood for jokes.

Rahul: Wait a moment, after hearing the story on the phone, I think it's not bad.

Saying this he went to sit on the couch. Rohan also sat down. They were actually inside the pub. There was a room for thm as they were working there.

Rohan: Not that bad? What's worse?

Rahul: Don't rush! Answer me! Are you sure this is your song instead of a similar one?

Rohan: 100 percent sure! They did not even change a note!!

So the page Rohan was seeing was the lyrics of his own song which he had written.

Rahul: Alright!

Rahul took the lyrics sheet from his hand.

Rahul: Rohan, now it's your chance.

Rohan kept his hand on Rahul's head to check if he has fever then he pushed him.

Rohan(shouting) : Are you crazy? Such a bad thing for me. And you are telling me about chance?

Rahul: You are the crazy one. Right. It's somehow disgusting. (Keeping the sheet aside) Totally disgusting. Think about it in other way. We could make a hype with it. Thanks to Manav Chabbra's popularity, you will be a hit.

Rohan: I want no one's popularity. All I want is justice. Bro, Star Entertainment is a well known company. Why would it plagiarize my work? Why is it so nasty?

Rahul(a little annoyed because he has been trying to make him understand) : Why are you so naive? They are nasty like this. So what? Can you correct it? Only the media could help you with it. Otherwise, Mr.Nobody(he is talking about Rohan) can't fight against Star Entertainment.

Rohan: Media? Media can't be trusted. Besides, Star Entertainment has spent enough time with media. What if they blame it on me? They could accuse me of copying his work. What then?

Rahul: No way! We have got evidence. We're the one with evidence! Bear that in mind.

Rohan (laughs) : Don't you know how many plots I have seen? Evidence is useless. It can be manipulated.

Rahul: Now that you say so, we have to take the initiative.

Rohan: How to do it?

Rahul: Find some public media, ones that won't be bribed. Expose your evidence all of a sudden. We can't give them any time to prepare.

Rohan: I don't want to make it public. Once it's discussed, it will be beyond our control.

Rahul: What's your suggestion?

Rohan: I want to protect my right by law.

Rahul: Law? Could it be any easier? Leave alone other affairs, it costs a lot to get a lawyer. Can you afford it?

Both were quiet when suddenly Rahul went near Rohan.

Rahul: You know Aditya? The independent reviewer.

Rohan: Yes I do. The vicious one.

Rahul: Exactly. He values independence. And he won't be affected by the media. As far as I am concerned, since the say Manav Chabbra has become a star, he has been criticizing him. According to his fans, Aditya is his biggest enemy. If we could find him, we can have an advantage over them.

Scene shifts(At the office)

Unnati: Thanks, Mr. Shashwat! (Music Producer)

He nods his head. Saying this Unnati leaves from there and calls Rohan.

Rohan: Hello, Unnati.

Unnati: Hello, I have asked about the name. There must be some misunderstandings. I shall talk to you face to face.

Rohan: Unnati, if you are trying to speak for Manav, don't bother. Plagiarism is the last thing I will tolerate. Sorry about that. I will hang up.

Saying this he cuts the call.

What do you think Rohan will do?

Stay tuned for the next chapter. I will post it today only.

Thanks for reading ❤❤