With Only The Moon As Witness

Summary: Merthur, the knights, Morgana and Gwen get together in Arthur's chambers to drink and play Don't Say It!, a game where you're given a secret forbidden word, and after the set amount of time has passed, must drink as many times as you said it. Merlin and Arthur act like a couple without even realizing, Gwaine and Percival are a trouble-making couple, Elyan is tired of everyone's bullshit, Gwen and Lancelot are a soft couple, Morgana is a badass, Mordred is not a child, and Leon is the older brother. Set some place in canon where all of them are alive and well.

_____________________________________

The moon was glowing high in the sky, full and pale and beautiful. Firelight spread over the whole room, warmth making its way into everyone inside. The knights, Morgana and Arthur were currently holed up in his chambers, talking and wrestling, and flopping about in their plain clothes. Morgana had charmed some lights to hang in the air, to their delight. She used magic to keep the fire going, and gave everyone a cushion to sit on. Among themselves, they called these nights “Perfect Crimes” because they only had the moon as witness to a night of what Uther would execute them all for. Servants and nobility mingling, outright treasonous declarations, and magic. They wouldn’t change them for the world.

The calm was broken by an impatient pounding on the door to Arthur’s chambers, as if someone was knocking with their foot. (Merlin was, in fact, knocking with his foot.)

“Who is it?” Arthur shouted, finger to his lips to make sure his knights didn’t make any noise. Elyan slapped a hand over Gwaine’s mouth and gave him a thumbs up. Gwaine licked Elyan’s hand, and Elyan retaliated by rubbing said hand over Gwaine’s hair.

“It’s us!” Gwen’s voice shouted, and the door opened with a small bang.

“And we come,” Merlin smiled, “Bearing gifts!”

Everyone but Gwaine and Morgana’s eyes widened at the bottles and jugs of alcohol, and Percival let out a groan. Arthur raised his eyebrows.

“Just how much of my money did you take, Merlin?”

“Don’t worry, you prat, I left you a castle.”

“Does my castle still have my gold?”

“I don’t know what gold you’re speaking of, my lord.”

Merlin gave him an impish grin and flopped down between Arthur and Leon, where Arthur had moved closer to Morgana to make room for him. Gwen settled herself on Lancelot’s lap, ignoring how Elyan raised his eyebrows. Merlin flicked his wrist, and drinks flew out of the boxes. Mead for Elyan, Percival and Leon, wine for Arthur, Lancelot and Morgana, ale for Gwen, Gwaine and himself.

“Emrys, what about me?” Mordred asked, raising his hand. Merlin smirked and handed him a goblet of juice. Mordred rolled his eyes, taking a sip before muttering a spell to change it into cider.

“I’m not a child, you know?”

Everyone let out a huff of laughter, and Mordred glared at Merlin. Merlin leaned over to ruffle his hair, taking care to arrange it like a father would to a child. Mordred just rolled his eyes again.

They laughed, making themselves comfortable on their cushions - and in Gwen’s case, Lancelot, and raised their glasses to Camelot (Arthur), Alcohol (Gwaine), Clotpoles (Merlin), and To us!(Gwen). It was a good thing Merlin and Morgana had placed a silencing spell around Arthur’s room, because soon enough they were roaring with laughter and singing (read : shouting).