Lie To Me

ANGST WARNING

Summary: In an ambush gone wrong, Merlin’s magic is revealed. Arthur doesn’t take it very well, to say the least.

_______________________________________

Merlin had been twitchy all day. It was annoying Arthur to no extent.

Merlin, would you stop fidgeting? You’re giving me a headache from just looking at you!”

Merlin frowned at him from his horse. “Something’s wrong, Arthur, can’t you feel that?”

Arthur huffed and rolled his eyes. “One of your funny feelings again? I’ve told you before, Merlin, you can’t just expect us to drop everything because you have the nervous system of a mouse. Everything’s going fine, there’s nothing to worry about. We’re almost back home, then you can get your feet in a nice hot bath and relax like the old lady you are. Okay?”

Merlin merely scowled at him and turned away. Arthur saw him scanning the tree line again, for what must be the fifteenth time in only a couple of minutes. He sighed and turned to Leon to start a conversation. By now, he knew there was not much else he could do or say that would set the mind of his lover at ease.

“Look out!” Elyan’s scream cut through the air when Leon fell to the ground and the knights reacted immediately. They formed a circle around the fallen knight, with their backs to each other, and got ready to fight for their lives.

For several moments, nothing happened. Then, Gwaine grunted as he too fell to the ground, quickly followed by Percival. Arthur and Elyan startled and looked around, but there was still nothing to see. When Arthur looked at his three knights motionless on the ground, a nasty feeling started settling in his gut. There was no blood, no arrows, nothing to suggest they had been taken out by any weapons.

Which led Arthur to the obvious conclusion. They were being attacked by a sorcerer.

He gestured at Elyan to rearrange their stance, so they were standing on opposite sides of the fallen knights. He was so busy trying to check on everyone’s safety, he forgot to look after the most important person in their company.

“Stop!” Merlin’s voice echoed through the air, and Arthur’s head snapped up. How had he forgotten to check on Merlin?!

Before he had time to think about that, he saw what Merlin was looking at – who his command had been directed at. Between the trees, there stood a cloaked figure, hidden by the shadows. Merlin, the idiot, had placed himself between the knights and the figure.

“Merlin! What are you doing?! Get over here, you’re going to get yourself killed!” Arthur hissed. Merlin ignored his king completely.

“What do you want from us?” he asked the figure. Arthur couldn’t help but to be surprised at the sudden authority his voice held.

The hooded figure stepped out from under the trees. They lowered their hood and Arthur flinched back when he saw the scarred face of a young man. It looked like he had survived a fall in a fire or something equally horrible. Merlin, to his credit, didn’t move from his spot.

“I want what is mine. I want freedom, I want justice.” Arthur couldn’t suppress a soft groan when the man started his monologue. He honestly thought he’d die of boredom if he had to hear one of those again.

Merthur One-shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें