To Idiots & Bets

Summary: Morgana, Gwen, and the knights are tired of watching their two friends pine over each other so they decide to settle it themselves. With a bet.

_______________________________________

Morgana, as royal advisor, crown princess, and current second line to the throne, was a busy woman.

Especially since she and the court sorcerer, her dear friend Merlin, were starting a school for those who wanted to learn magic. Or at least they were supposed to be in a meeting to discuss said plans, but her stupid friend was not in the library where he had promised to meet her.

One guess where he was: Wherever the hell her equally stupid brother was.

And sure enough, as Morgana reached the training ground there was Merlin, sparring with her brother King Idiot Arthur.

Morgana went over to where the other knights were gathered, watching Merlin shoot fireballs at Arthur.

“I’m going to kill him.”

“Which one this week?” Leon asked, far too amused for her liking.

“Merlin,” she said with a harsh glare that would scare most men. Leon only laughed.

This is the problem with childhood friends, she thought. “He was supposed to meet me twenty minutes ago to go over the plans for the school.”

Lancelot gave her a knowing look. “One of the knights in training asked how to fight back against sorcerers.”

Morgana rolled her eyes. Because, of course they did, giving the two lovestruck idiots the perfect excuse to spar one another.

“Come on, Merlin! You can do better than that!” Arthur taunted as he expertly dodged and slashed through the fireballs only a few feet away from his court sorcerer.

Merlin only smirked as he wordlessly cast a heating spell on Arthur’s sword, forcing the king to drop it.

Arthur, of course, refused to back down and charged forward, knocking Merlin right off his feet and forcing the two to wrestle on the ground. Morgana rolled her eyes. Just like every time they sparred.

Elyan groaned, “I swear if I have to watch them make eyes at each other from across a campfire one more time, I’m going to lose it!”

“As much as I love the show, I think we should just lock them into Arthur’s chambers so they can wrestle there. I’m sure they would both find that far more satisfying.” Gwaine said, wiggling his eyebrows.

Percival had a hand over his mouth trying (and failing) not to laugh.

Morgana grimaced. “Well, that’s an idea I never wanted to think about, but it’s better than having to watch them pine any longer.”

They had all assumed that after Arthur had become king, lifted the ban on magic, and had named Merlin his court sorcerer the two would finally get together. After all, there were no more obstacles, no more excuses to hide their feelings. That was nearly seven months ago. Unfortunately, they all seemed to have forgotten the biggest obstacle of all: they were both idiots.