A Wolf's Tail

SMUT SMUT SMUT WARNING

Summary: Merlin in a dress, Arthur gets bitten and lots of sex.

_______________________________________

As he walks through the eerily quiet forest, Merlin wonders how he got roped into this. This being a scheme that Prince Clotpole thought up. Hitching up the vibrant red skirt he is wearing, Merlin curses Arthur to Avalon and back. The skirt is part of a dress that has been stolen from Lady Morgana’s room. This is worse than the ceremonial robes Arthur made him wear. While Merlin had argued that the beast might be going after all the lonely travellers and not just the women, Arthur had insisted that Merlin be dressed up as a woman, because of reasons. Merlin is pretty sure the ‘reasons’ are so he and the knights can have a great big laugh at his expense.

The village women had helped him into the dress, fastened his coif and pinned the veil in place. When they handed him a mirror, he’d gulped. He looked just like his mum. He had stared at his reflection for a long time while the women and girls bustled around him. He’d become aware of a sudden silence in the hut. Turning around, he saw Arthur standing there looking at him with an expression he couldn’t place. It was gone the moment their eyes made contact.

“Well, come on then, give us a twirl,” Arthur said with way too much glee in his voice.

Merlin scowled but awkwardly circled around. “I hate you so much right now.”

“No you don’t. My plan will work. You look like a girl.” Merlin huffed and grabbed a satchel from the table, moving past Arthur.

“I’m still debating whether you look better as a woman or a man, ” Arthur said, following him outside and placing a hand on the small of Merlin’s back.

The hand on his back was warm, and Merlin felt his face heat up. He tried to inconspicuously dislodge Arthur’s hand, but it didn’t budge. Arthur moved his hand to his side in retaliation and squeezed.

Once they had reached the village square, several knights stopped what they were doing and had the nerve to applaud. Some even whistled. Merlin didn’t think his face could have gotten any redder, so he had curtsied and stalked off, muttering something about prat-faced princes.

******

Merlin curses the dress as it gets stuck on a branch again . Sighing, he pulls it free. He stomps forward, making sure the knights and Arthur hear him. He knows they are following him, but the silence is unnerving.

“You are making enough bloody noise to wake the dead, Mer lin.” Arthur’s low voice suddenly sounds through the forest. Merlin doesn’t startle. He doesn’t, okay?

“I need to attract the stupid beast, so shush and let me be the bait.”

With dusk setting in and the last of the sunlight disappearing, the forest comes alive around him. Low over the ground a mist is drifting in, amplifying the nightly noises.

Up ahead is a clearing, and Merlin moves towards it. Halfway there he gets distracted by a bluish light which darts behind a tree just to his right.

Merlin veers off the path, mesmerised by the light. It seems shy. He wants to touch it. Hold it. Take care of it. Moving faster, he tries to catch it. Somewhere in the back of his mind there is a voice telling him to slow down and think. It sounds surprisingly like Uther.