Bratty

SMUT

Sumarry: Arthur's been (unintentionally) ignoring Merlin for too long, and Merlin demands for his attention in the only way he knows.

______________________________________

Arthur clenched his fists under the table, barely keeping himself from bolting up and ending the fest. It wouldn’t do to end the fest this early, especially since it had just begun, but Merlin was getting under every single one of his nerves, and Arthur couldn’t take it anymore.

He watched. He watched as Merlin carried around his pitcher of wine and served the other nobles, completely and utterly ignoring Arthur. He watched as Merlin shamelessly leaned his back against the pillar, his head lolling behind in an invitation for Arthur to get a good look at his pale neck— Merlin, that bastard, wasn’t wearing his neckerchief that Arthur had picked out for him, disobeying him once again. Not that Arthur had ordered him in the first place, but he had told Merlin to wear the clothes he picked out for him, and Merlin hadn’t listened again.

He wore Arthur’s clothes instead. He knew he’d seen that tunic somewhere, and it took a while for him to realize it was one of his old ones. The ends of his sleeves extended over his hands, covering them up, making him look all the more appealing. The breachers hung loosely against his legs, and Arthur didn’t want to know how Merlin had made it fit— he probably used his magic again. Arthur made a note to bring it up later.

Worst of all, Merlin kept throwing little fleeting glances in Arthur’s direction. He knew exactly what he was doing to Arthur. Merlin would lean a little too close towards another noble Arthur couldn’t bother to remember the name of, and Merlin would look at him, just for a second, before pretending like nothing ever happened. And whenever Arthur signaled Merlin to refill his glass, Merlin would pretend he didn’t see Arthur. Poor Guinevere had to step in and refill his glass the past two times.

Arthur couldn’t even get up and drag Merlin to his chambers because it would be rude to leave the feast so early.

He didn’t understand what exactly brought out Merlin’s insolent side today. He’s been well behaved for all of last week, or so Arthur has heard. He hasn’t acted up like this since he got jealous of that Lady last month. It was adorable at first, but it got infuriating fairly quickly. Merlin was insufferable, teasing and disobeying Arthur at every given second, stopping at nothing to get on Arthur’s bad side. Arthur had no choice but to punish him. They had sorted it out at the end, and Arthur had explained to him that the Lady meant nothing to him.

He was doing it again now, and Arthur couldn’t understand why.

Arthur would give him one last chance— one last chance to quit his attitude and get his cute little arse here and serve Arthur like he was meant to.

Lord Rey flagged Merlin over to refill his wine— and this was the perfect opportunity. Merlin was close now, just a few feet away from Arthur. Arthur kept his eyes set on Merlin, and he knew Merlin noticed. Merlin glanced at him, and Arthur made sure to pin him down with his stare because Merlin would pay for this.

They kept their eyes locked for what seemed like an eternity. Merlin slightly shivered— something Arthur would have missed if he wasn’t looking so closely. Arthur knew Merlin understood. He also knew that Merlin had forgotten that he was refilling another noble’s wine and that it would overflow any minute now.