Chapter 7: An Old Friend

You woke up hours later in your room. Everything was a blur after Tony took you from the HYDRA base. You looked around to check the time and as you looked down you weren't wearing your suit anymore, you wore the hoodie that you had worn before. Trying to recollect what happened you walked downstairs to the living area. Thor, Nat, and Loki were sitting at the kitchen counter, while Tony and Bruce were sitting on the couch a few feet away.

"Y/N! you're finally awake, god you had us worried," Loki said trying to reach for a hug. You took his hand and twisted it behind him 

"How dare you guys leave me in that jail while you come here to them." You said pulling his hand tighter.

"Now, sister! I am still sore from the beating, please let go, I am, we are sorry" Loki said trying to release his hand from your grip. 

"All right, Y/N let go of him," Thor said sipping his coffee. 

"I missed you too," Loki said, trying to fix his shoulder back. You went over to hug Thor and then Nat. 

"Alright Tony, I will be getting back to Brooklyn on the next train, so in an hour. Just gonna see if I left anything in my room and I will be out-" A male's voice said, coming into the room from the lab.

The voice. You know that voice, but how you watched him die. You heard his last words. It made your eyes water, and your mind ran wide. You turned around from your seat and saw him in the flesh. 

"Steve?" You said, your voice trembled, and your lungs gave out, as you tried to understand what was going on. "I thought you were... wait you're the Rogers, Tony talked about." You try to piece together what was going on. "But I thought you, no I watched you-" You tried to walk to him but the pain took over you, making you fall to the ground sobbing as soon as you stood up. 

"Y/N? My god" Steve ran towards you to lift you up, with tears in his eyes "I can't believe this. Yes, yes it's me. When I went down in that aircraft the ice froze me for 70 years, then later they found me again and here I am." he looked into your eyes with tears of joy as he hugged you and brought you up. Then confusion hit him "Wait, how are you alive after all of these years?" You just smiled at him trying to still take in what he just told you. You sat there in his arms again. He didn't look a day older than he did when you last saw him. His eyes, still stale blue. A small trace of his facial hair. His hair, properly trimmed and set. You wanted to speak but your mouth was dry, you sat there with his arms wrapped around you. 

"Maybe we can go outside for a walk. I need fresh air right now." You said wanting to get out of there and explain everything to Steve and well! to spend some time with your oldest friend.

--Comment--

--Vote--

--Share--

--!!ENJOY!!--