Chapter 12: The day I lost everything

The night before the train mission, you and Bucky snuck away from the pub.

"You know we have to tell him someday right, Doll?" Bucky said laying next to you, stroking your cheek.

"Yes, but I don't want his to go rouge when he finds out. He will mess up the mission, we can't afford that right now." You said kissing his forehead.

"But if he finds out before we tell him, he will be even sadder. Come on, Y/N we can't afford completely losing him" He said tucking a loose string of hair behind your ear.

"Fine, you know what, finish tomorrow's mission successfully and we can tell him at the bar." You smiled at him, little did you know that he will only come to find out about it 70 years later.

The day of the missions

Steve and Bucky were standing at the edge of the hill waiting for the hydra train. 

"Hey fellas," You said walking up to them. "The train will be crossing here in 5 mins" Making them turn to face you. "I love you guys, so be careful, okay?"

"We love you too, Y/N," Steve said walking to hug you. Bucky stood there and smiled as he waited for the train.

"All right, we need to go now," You said handing them the ropes to hang on.

"All right, let's do it," Steve said as he swung away, Bucky following him. You follow down the zip wire and get on the train with Steve and Bucky.

"Which way?" You asked looking around.

"You guys take the front-" Bucky was cut by Steve, who jumped in front of you and Bucky with the shield. You push yourself onto your hands and knees when you see Bucky taking the shield and start shooting. 

"Bucky!" You yelled. Before you could even finish your sentence the robot thing shot Bucky, throwing him out of the train creating an opening. You ran over to the opening. "No! Bucky!" You screamed trying to reach for Bucky who was still hanging on to the side rail of the opening. Steve ran to the shield and threw it to the robot on the other side knocking it down then he ran to you. 

"Bucky!" Steve ran towards you. 

"Help!" Bucky cried trying to hold on to the railing. You climbed out on the rail and make your way to Bucky. 

"Take my hand!" You yelled trying to reach him. After a second of trying to extend his hand to reach you, he tried to jump into your grasp but failed, making him fall into the depths of the snow-covered mountain.

You scream as Bucky failed to hold you and fell. "Y/N, come back" Steve tried to pull you inside the train. Tears fall from your eyes as you let Steve pull you back onto the train. 

"I can't do this, Steve," You sobbed. 

"We have too, Y/N" Steve tried to catch his breath. 

"Not without Bucky" You sat there in your puddle of tears, trying to comprehend what just happened. 

"He's gone, Y/N. We have to keep fighting... And I need you with me." You look at Steve as he helps you up to your feet.

"To the end of the line," You said trying to stop your tears.

"To the end of the line"

The train reaches an airport and you see Red Shull board a jet. "What's the plan, Steve?" 

"We fight"

You look around the airport. "We have armed men in the tower... You get on the plane, I'll take the tower." 

"Be careful" He said looking at you.

"I'll see you on the other side," You said smiling.

"See you then." 

As Steve runs to the plane, you head over to the tower fighting your way through. You reach the controls and realize the plane had already taken off so your radio to it. 

"Steve? Talk to me!"

"Y/N? Y/N! I got control of the plane" His voice broke a little through the radio. "But we have a problem"

"What's going on?" Worry filled your voice. 

"Y/N. This plane is carrying something, it's gonna explode." His voice now filling with sadness. 

"Oh, god. How do we stop it?" 

"I gonna take the plane into the water," He said

"What? NO! Please, Steve, there has to be another way." Tears started pouring down your face. 

"We have to say goodbye," Steve said through the radio.

Tears fell freely down your face, "Steve... I can't lose you too".

"It has to be this way," He said, as you heard the plane speed up and tremble. 

"Steve... I don't know how to say goodbye to you" You took a breath "Steve. I need you to know that somehow... I'll see you again, okay?"

"I hope so," he said.

"I've lost too much today, I can't lose you too" You tried to stop your tears. 

"Y/N, you know, I have a crush on you right?" He said as tears filled his eyes.

"I know" You smiled

"Live a good life. Don't let this define you-" 

"I promise Steve." You realized the line was breaking up. 

"Steve?" 

There was only static. 

--Comment--

--Vote--

--Share--

--!!ENJOY!!--